“Palate Delight”

Fonda Rosa
Ranked #838 of 4,475 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 10, 2016

A friend recommended this authentic restaurant and it was superb in flavor and presentation. We so enjoyed our meal and the waitress that served our table.
Fantastic flavors to the meal!

Reviewed March 28, 2016

Very nice service and tasty traditional Mexican food we had at Fonda Rosa for dinner. I had the special which was a traditional Mexican shredded pork soup. It did not disappoint.

Reviewed March 20, 2016 via mobile

Fonda Rosa is amazing food and very quaint.
Love the traditional margarita to start out! Delish. The avocado salad incredible, then onto whatever for dinner choice, you cant go wrong. I love the tacos or chile relleno is FAB! RIGHT in the heart of 28th!

Reviewed December 6, 2015

Stopped in here for dinner. Food was decent and service was somewhere between average and poor. Our server was pleasant but not good at her job. When asked what wine she would recommend, we ended up with a cheap bottle of mediocre red. Not what we expected at all. We may have swung by on an off night so we might try it again if we're in the neighborhood.

Reviewed December 6, 2015 via mobile

I did have a terrific chili rellenos and the rice was super good. But that was about it: the Margarita was not to my liking, the beans were off, the pulled pork was dry and the cost was way beyond what I thought should be charged. Obviously these are my personal opinions but I still thought they could be helpful to other patrons.