“Delicious Authentic Mexican Cuisine! ”
Review of Fonda Rosa

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Fonda Rosa
Ranked #920 of 4,867 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 20, 2016 via mobile

Fonda Rosa is amazing food and very quaint.
Love the traditional margarita to start out! Delish. The avocado salad incredible, then onto whatever for dinner choice, you cant go wrong. I love the tacos or chile relleno is FAB! RIGHT in the heart of 28th!

Date of visit: March 2016

Reviewed December 6, 2015

Stopped in here for dinner. Food was decent and service was somewhere between average and poor. Our server was pleasant but not good at her job. When asked what wine she would recommend, we ended up with a cheap bottle of mediocre red. Not what we expected at all. We may have swung by on an off night so we might try it again if we're in the neighborhood.

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed December 6, 2015 via mobile

I did have a terrific chili rellenos and the rice was super good. But that was about it: the Margarita was not to my liking, the beans were off, the pulled pork was dry and the cost was way beyond what I thought should be charged. Obviously these are my personal opinions but I still thought they could be helpful to other patrons.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed November 2, 2015

Shabby chic across the river but AMAZING food and drink. Opted for the Mexican restaurant because our first choice was booked. We were NOT disappointed! It was "una cena fabulosa"!

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed August 2, 2015

My husband, younger son, and I ate dinner here on a rainy Sunday. Our server was friendly and very helpful. It's a small restaurant and fills up fast. We ordered chips, salsa, and guacamole ($6 but a definite cut above the usual free chips and salsa). My husband had meat tacos, I had a crab enchilada, and our son had crab empanadas. We all enjoyed our meals very much. My husband's margarita was excellent. Our son ordered a marionberry margarita, which said it had a hint of habanero chile. It was very spicy, so beware. Otherwise, a wonderful experience.

Date of visit: July 2015

Been to Fonda Rosa? Share your experiences!