“Costumer service NON existent !”
Review of Portland Suites

Portland Suites
Ranked #121 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed June 10, 2012

On the day of our arrival , there was no remote for the tv . My husband had to go down to get one . They gave us a remote that was new and was not synchronized with the tv . We tried to program the remote ourselves but we did not have the instruction manual so it did not work . We called down and was told by front desk "the remote should work" even after we told them it did not and needed help with it. We were tired from a long drive so we decided not to argue . The next day , before we left for sightseeing , we passed by the front desk to ask somebody to synchronize/ program the remote so it will work with the tv . The lady (different one) said " I don't know how to fix that remote and there is nobody here that can help you with your problem ." Seriously ??!!! I work in a job that involves costumer satisfaction so this reply started to make me mad . I did not want to argue so I nicely asked her what she meant nobody can help me with that issue . She backtracked and said "I'll try to do something about it " . That pm coming back to the hotel , the lady at the front desk did not say hi and turned her back on us as we passed by . Obviously, our remote still did not work . This is a minor issue , what makes it bigger is the absence of desire to try to help their customer . To actually say "nobody can help you with your problem" is unacceptable for a hotel . The day of our check out , the lady was literally sleeping on the desk ! I hope the management will read this and use this for the hotel personnel's proper training to improve customer satisfaction . Btw , breakfast biscuit was hard as stone , for real .

• Stayed: June 2012

Reviewed April 17, 2012

At first my husband and I were very pleased with the Hotel for the price.But then things started not being OK. There was no remote for the TV, were told good luck on getting one.There was no soap at all in the bathroom, saw housekeeping in hall and they pleasantly got us some,the fan in bathroom didnt work, the coffee pot carafe was not the right size and the coffee overflowed,the spa was not working and was given the impression it just happened but not the case,the breakfast was so so, ran out of items and coffee.For the money it was good, but the little things need to be addressed, the staff werent over friendly, convenient to shopping, noisy people upstairs at midnight.Would consider it again, we werent traveling just needed to get away without breaking the bank.It looks to at one time was a very nice place, hope things will work out for it.

Room Tip: look at the rooms first and check out all amenities first, to the north side was quieter,top floor...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank margaritaville02
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Clean, spacious rooms. Very friendly staff. Great pool. Family friendly. Great stay between mt. Hood and portland.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Dldeters
Reviewed March 25, 2012

This hotel is not bad for the price, its clean and neat, the TV is old but no complain, 50 bucks a night, bed is comfortable too, lots of fresh towels, theres a fridge and microwave, there is pull out bed but no extra beddings, they are still using the vacuum cleaner at 8 PM, my daughters went swimming on the pool and the following day both of them got rashes on their body, i would recommend not to use their pool and hot tub. The place is far from downtown and quite freaky! Breakfast is not much, coffee, juices, toast, donut, cereals, if you want to save money this is good for you, but were not coming back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Dont swim on the pool or use the hot tub!
1  Thank Tomsupremo
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I was somewhat sceptical of this hotel when I read and reviews and booked in on Expedia. I am very pleased with everything this hotel has to offer! It's VERY affordable (best price I have seen in years), it's clean, it has a pool, plenty of parking, breakfast, large rooms... What else can you ask for at this price point? I have stayed at much worse hotels for almost double the price!
Location is good, although I wouldn't walk and venture out at night without a car. There's lots of food places and shops, gas stations close by, Very convenient.
Pool is small but adequate, hot tub is ok. The sauna was broken the whole time we were there but that's ok since I don't use it.
Plenty of parking but the spots are a bit tight if you have large car.
Breakfast is nothing fancy, toast, bagels, cereal, milk coffee tea juices. Enough to start your day.
Room is big and clean, has fridge, microwave, etc. even a pullout couch! We had to switch rooms since they gave me a "NON-SMOKING" room (210) and first step into the room I can smell the smoke. The staff was very apologetic and got us room 222 and it was 10x better (right above the pool), and accessible by the staircase. It was an excellent room!
The staff are not OVERLY friendly but they are very accomodating. The lady working at the front desk in the afternoon was very helpful a few times.
Overall, I am very please with this hotel and would recommend anyone coming to Portland in a heartbeat. I'd definitely stay here again if they keep it this way.

2  Thank solaris_pete
Reviewed March 8, 2012

We have stayed at the hotel two times, the hotel is clean the beds are fine but our laptop computer went missing out of our room and the staff although apologetic did nothing to help us. We had to contact the police and make a report. The staff basically felt we had misplaced our notebook computer and half the power cord. The management told us no person had entered our room except housekeeping and their staff does not steal. All they offered in compensation was a one night free stay for the next time we are in town. We will never stay at the Guesthouse hotel and will do our best to share how we were treated!

3  Thank dgraces
Reviewed January 18, 2012

The room was large, although a bit dark. There was even a missing light bulb over the sink. Lighting was barely adequate. There were three phones in the room (including one in the bathroom) but no clock. The room was clean, and had a mini-fridge and microwave as promised. We appreciated the no smoking and no pets rules.

The "free hot breakfast buffet" was spartan at best. Given the price of the room, I wasn't expecting much. And that's what we got - not much. The orange juice tasted like Sunny Delight. My wife said the apple juice was equally bad. The fresh waffles promised at http://www.portlandsuitesoregon.com/ were nowhere to be seen.

The two days we were there, the sauna was closed for repairs. The hot tub broke and was closed for the second day of our stay. But the staff was very friendly and the price made it worth coming back to… until we were getting ready to leave.

I had a printout of my reservation with me. The checkout time was 12:00, so we were lazy on checkout day. Then, at about 11:15 the front desk called to ask how soon we would be leaving. Would we be out before 12:30? We assured her that we would leave before noon. We made a trip to the car with our luggage then returned to discover that we were locked out of our room. I went to the desk and told her we were lock out. Her reply was, "Yeah, it's after 11:00!" I protested that checkout time was noon. She told me, "No, it's 11:00." I told her that I had my printed reservation and that it said noon. She sneered at me, took my key card, and reprogrammed it to let us back in. A minute later we were back at the desk to check out (at 11:45). I showed her the 12:00 checkout time on my reservation printout. She said, "Well it's 11:00." My wife told her that someone had called 30 minutes ago to ask us when we were leaving. The desk clerk admitted that it had been her. My wife asked, "We told you we would be out before noon, so why did you lock us out?" Her reply was, "I didn't do it; the computer did it." She was not apologetic in the least; she handed us our invoice then turned her back as if to avoid any further contact. I had been looking forward to staying there again on our next trip to Portland, but her attitude meant that we left on a negative note.

This hotel needs to get its act together regarding its promises, e.g. checkout time and breakfast features. It also wouldn't hurt to fix the pool and sauna ... and to move whoever was at the front desk the morning of January 2, 2012 to a job than doesn't involve interacting with customers.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple