“too expensive and not clean.”

Comfort Suites Southwest
Ranked #57 of 139 Hotels in Portland
palo alto
“too expensive and not clean.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2010

stayed here during a family roadtrip... the rooms were smelly and dusty. my kids were coughing during our stay.

Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank norcallife

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2009

The rooms are nice but need some overlooked cleaning. I couldn't sleep with cob webs hanging over the bed. The widow valence Were laced with more cob webs and dust. If you have a dust allergy this might not be a good place to stay. I did mention this problem the last time I was there and we got the same room and the dust was still there. The jacuzzi tubs also need some maintenance the water was clear as the tub filled but when we turned on the jets the water turned brown we didn't even attempt to use it. They did move us to another room and we ran into the same problem with the tub and the dust and cob webs. Overall bathrooms were clean bed was comfortable. So a little elbow grease this place could make three stars.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JJ_roadtrip
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2009

We stayed one night (Saturday) so that we could go to Roloff farms on Sunday. The kids liked the indoor pool, but the lighting was poor and flickered enough to make me seasick. The room was comfortable, it was nice to be able to open the windows. Having a fridge, microwave and coffee maker are always a bonus. I would recommend hitting the continental breakfast early. It goes from 6-10am, but my family got there at 9:30 and there was hardly anything left. This hotel is centrally located and there are lots of restaurants and shopping nearby.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Fort Jones, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2008

Living at the California = Oregon border, my husband and I travel to Portland at least 3 times a year to see shows, etc. The first time we did so we stayed at this hotel and we have returned every time since. Away from the hustle of downtown (5 minutes north) the hotel is conveniently located to the entire Portland Metro region. It is clean, comfortable and quiet. The staff are incredibly accommodating. We love this hotel and have nothing but great things to say about it.

• Liked — Location, Quiet surroundings
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank PV8850
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2007

My wife and I stayed here for four nights over the Thanksgiving holiday because 1) it's less than a mile from our daughter's home (with whom we were celebrating the holiday), and 2) I've stayed at other Comfort (and Quality) Suites and have found them to be fine for what they are.

This one was also quite nice, and I only rated it "above average" because I believe a hotel should be more of a luxury property to receive an "excellent.'

The hotel is convenient to I-5 and 99-W near Tualatin, is clean and well-kept, has a complimentary breakfast with a hot item or two each day (eggs and bacon on the first day, biscuits and gravy the next day, eggs and sausage on the third day), free Internet access in both the business center and the rooms, an indoor pool and spa, and a modest fitness room.

One minor and one major issue worth mentioning.

The room across the hall was occupied by a woman and her seven (no, that's not a typo!) children. The kids were loud enough that we heard them through their locked door when walking down the hall but not once we were inside our room.

When I mentioned it to the night clerk, she said she'd gladly ask the woman to keep a tighter rein on her kids and offered to move us. As we couldn't hear them while in our room, that wasn't necessary, but the clerk deserves big points for being responsive when I raised the issue.

The major issue was on our last morning. We had to catch an early flight, so asked for a 5:30 wake-up call. The call came...at 6:00 a.m, a full half-hour late! Fortunately, we had awakened on our own -- so no harm was done -- but the big issue was this: when I told the desk clerk about it, SHE SAID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. No apology, no "thanks for letting me know," no "I'll look into it and see what happened," nothing. She simply looked at me with a blank stare that could have indicated she didn't hear me, didn't care, didn't speak English, wasn't yet awake... you who knows what? The bottom line was that I got NO RESPONSE AT ALL, and that was completely unacceptable.

That aside, it was a pleasant stay and we would stay there again...though we'd be sure we had another way of being awakened rather than trust a hotel wake-up call that may or may not come on time.

Stayed November 2007
3 Thank TheTravelPro_us
crescent city
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2007

Overall the establishment was average. Check-in staff were not overly friendly. The rooms were comfortable enough although the beds were too hard for my taste. Overall, it felt very safe, there was no traffic noise, and the kids loved the pool!

The location was great for us. It is within a couple of miles to the mall and has easy access to both I-5 and 217 to hit everywhere you need to go.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2006

The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly! Location was great too. What more can I ask for?!?! I'll be returning to this hotel again when I'm back in Portland.

• Liked — Cleanliness and wonderful staff!
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank deanidleman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portland
Aladdin Inn and Suites
Hospitality Inn
#87 of 139 in Portland
Radisson Hotel Portland Airport
Oxford Suites Portland - Jantzen Beach

Been to Comfort Suites Southwest? Share your experiences!