“good location”

Comfort Suites Southwest
Ranked #58 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed November 3, 2007

Overall the establishment was average. Check-in staff were not overly friendly. The rooms were comfortable enough although the beds were too hard for my taste. Overall, it felt very safe, there was no traffic noise, and the kids loved the pool!

The location was great for us. It is within a couple of miles to the mall and has easy access to both I-5 and 217 to hit everywhere you need to go.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed August 23, 2006

The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly! Location was great too. What more can I ask for?!?! I'll be returning to this hotel again when I'm back in Portland.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank deanidleman
Reviewed October 9, 2005

Most of the features of this hotel were excellent. The rooms were huge. We stayed in a room with two queen size beds plus a hide-a-bed sofa. So the kids didn't have to share a bed. The rooms were also fairly quiet. I especially liked the fact that the windows opened so we didn't have to depend on the air conditioner.

The indoor pool is about 25 feet long. It goes from 3 ft deep on the shallow end to 4 ft deep on the deep end. So my 7 year old son who sinks like a stone had about half the pool to play in. They also had towels in the pool area. So many hotels make you ask for pool towels at the front desk, so this was nice. We didn't try the hot tub, but it looked clean and big.

The continental breakfast included hot choices like waffles and egg muffins. They also kept the fruit bowl stocked. The only downside was that my 10 year old who will normally eat anything didn't like the malt in the waffle batter. Luckily, they had hot chocolate, so she was happy.

The business center was nice. There were 2 free internet connected workstations with a printer and fax machine.

They had discounts at some of the local restaurants as well, which was an added bonus.

The only downside of the hotel was the HARD beds. It's been about 3 weeks since we stayed there and my shoulder still hurts. My husband ended up seeing a massage therapist because of the aches and pains he got sleeping on the bed, and he generally likes sleeping on a hard bed. After 2 nights, I moved into the hide-a-bed with my 7 year old. It was a typical lumpy sofa bed, but at least it wasn't as hard. I'm not sure why such a nice hotel would mar the overall experience by providing such uncomfortable beds. My husband and I are in our 50s, so maybe younger travelers wouldn't have the same problems. Our kids slept just fine.

• Stayed: September 2005, traveled on business
7  Thank MaryVC
Reviewed October 30, 2003

My family and I stayed at the hotel over the summer. The rooms are very clean and service was great. Kids enjoyed new hot breakfast items, waffles especially, and the pool. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2005
8  Thank BZGuy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portland
Comfort Suites Portland Airport
Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego
Comfort Inn Portland
Comfort Inn Portland
#65 of 144 in Portland
Quality Inn Tigard - Portland Southwest
Best Western Inn At The Meadows
Clarion Hotel Portland Airport

Been to Comfort Suites Southwest? Share your experiences!