“Very relaxing long weekend!”

Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport
Ranked #71 of 144 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 19, 2014

This was our first stay at the Candlewood Suites and, having stayed at other hotels with suites, was expecting a separate bedroom. We found that what I had reserved was a studio suite, meaning the kitchen and bed were all in the same room. I was able to upgrade to a bedroom suite with no problems at all. This hotel is very close to the airport and we were concerned about the noise from the airplanes. The rooms and windows are of such high quality that we never heard any noise from the planes or from other guests. I wasn't aware of this previously, but the Candlwood does not provide daily cleaning services. This was not a problem for us and if we needed any extra coffee etc, the front desk was more than accommodating to ensure we had all we needed. They do not provide a complimentary breakfast, but there is a pantry with basic staples by the front desk and a full kitchen in the rooms. There are a couple of restaurants within 5 minutes walking and we found the location to be centrally located for all our needs.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank jsimmill
PDXCW, Manager at Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Dear jsimmill,
Thank you very much for taking the time and reviewing our hotel. We are so pleased you were able to relax while staying with us. We know many people are concerned about noise coming from the airport, and here at the Candlewood Suites we try to make sure our guests have a peaceful nights sleep. Our front desk staff was happy to have been accommodating during your stay and helpful in any way possible. We hope you can come enjoy another relaxing stay with us soon!
Thank you again!
Candlewood Suites

Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

I love this hotel. The rooms are spacious and EXTREMELY clean. The beds are comfortable the towels are thick and soft. The kitchen is fully functional with nice glasses, plates, storage bowls with lids etc... they also have rice cookers, toaster ovens, jumper cables, office supplies, games, movies, large coffee pot, coffee bean grinders and more to borrow from the "lending locker". Large closets, large dresser and plenty of bathroom storage. Lots of TV channels to choose from. I stayed on the first floor and I never heard any noise from outside or neighbors except a few times we heard weights slamming from people who obviously thought they were Popeye ( not an issue for us though) the free laundry is awesome. I definitely would recommend this hotel. If your staying long term ask to speak with sales manger to get a really good deal.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Pjm3000
PDXCW, Manager at Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Dear Joannam,
I am so happy that you enjoyed your time with us! We are glad to know you were able to use our Lending Locker and laundry facility with ease. Thank you for commenting on our cleanliness, we like to make sure our rooms are as clean as possible, especially when it becomes your second home. We hope you will be able to come visit us again!
Candlewood Suites

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I needed a place to stay before a 6am flight and thought I'd try something different. I booked the park and fly rate. I was given a queen suite. It had a fill refrigerator and a microwave and dishwasher. I didn't get the opportunity to use any of them because of my brief stay but they are very nice for people who stay longer. The room was quiet. The bed was comfortable. The shuttle get me to the airport. What more can you ask for.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank David S
PDXCW, Manager at Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear David S.
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are glad to have been able to host you and for you to enjoy your stay with us. It is great to know you had no problem sleeping, our rooms are near the airport but we do what we can to make sure you have a peaceful nights sleep in a comfortable bed. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Thank you again.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I had an original one week stay at this motel that continually was extended and ended up staying for two weeks. The entire time the staff was extremely friendly and accommodating to my needs. All the desk women (Alex, Lesley Ann, Mikala and Sintia) that I was regularly working with pertaining to my stay requirements were very professional and friendly.
The room I stayed in was very relaxing, clean and had a comfortable bed.
The only thing I could say negative is that I thought the value (price of the room) was a bit high considering the candlewood doesn't have a continental breakfast or a swimming pool/spa as the other IHG brands do at the same price. But I still would stay again before selecting another brand hotel other than an IHG brand.
I'd definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Bryan B
PDXCWGM, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear Bryan B,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm so glad our front desk made your stay enjoyable, we strive for our guests to leave happy. I do apologize that we do not serve a complimentary breakfast, I hope you were able to explore some great breakfast eateries nearby or maybe try one of our breakfast options in our Candlewood Cupboard. We hope to see you traveling our way again.
Best wishes

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I stayed at this location for multiple days, both near the beginning and end of my trip. There is a shuttle that can bring you to either the Airport or the Cascades MAX station, with restaurants and shops close to the train and quick access to downtown. Staff have been good here. There was a bit heavy cleaner smell on the last stay, but was otherwise nice. I would stay here again if re-visiting Portland.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank BCvacationer

Dear BCvacationer,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We're glad you had a good experience with out shuttle service. We appreciate you mentioning our staff, they do their best to make sure each and every guest enjoys their stay here at the Candlewood Suites. I do apologize that our cleaning supplies were a little too strong, we will make sure to not overdo the use on those. We hope to see you again soon.
Best wishes!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Although I was only able to stay for an hour and a half due to getting caught in a snowstorm that shut down the freeway for hours (took 6 hours to travel the last 40 miles), the hotel was a welcoming oasis. The early morning desk host was friendly and helpful, and the room was immaculate and quiet. I plan to stay here again..... a little longer next time though (I hope).

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Dear Shari C,
We appreciate you taking time out of your day to review our hotel. We definitely did not expect a snowstorm heading our way, but we're glad you were able to stay cozy for a little bit at our hotel. Thank you for mentioning our morning host, our staff does our best to make sure every guest loves their stay with us. We hope your next stay with us is longer and warmer.
Best wishes!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Because of room condition but good price if you're just looking for an overnight stay and accommodations. its close to airport and its available at low prices. Staff was good. So, overall, it was a horrible room but an okay stay

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear Sheila W,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. Rest assured that the issues you have raised have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Thank you again for your comments as this is very helpful to us to ensure we are able to meet our guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Janice A