Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport
$257
$192
Kimpton
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $246/night.

$159
  • Breakfast included
$209
$199
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $239/night.

$187
  • Pool
$221
$122
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $186/night.

All reviewsextended stayfull kitchenflight pathstove topcascade stationdvd playerone bedroom suiterooms are cleanshuttle servicewould definitely stay here againhome away from homefitness centerrental cardishwasherkitchenetteappliancesaccommodations
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Working for a hotel is both a plus and minus - we can critique hotels to make sure we are staying in the nicest and get ideas for the hotel we work; at the same time we really do critique everything (which can be a drawback). The Candlewood Suites Portland was spot on from the time of making the reservation on the phone, to the point of check-out. Ashley, a front desk associate, was one of the most friendly and outgoing employees I have seen. I deal with a lot of really bad service and un-happy people (I am from California! hehe). It was refreshing to have such a flawless experience. The hotel was clean, the room was large, the kitchen was awesome, and the beds were very, surprisingly, comfortable. This hotel was right down the street from my rental car place, Thrifty, making the locations awesome. We also came into contact with another employee, a housekeeping supervisor, who was friendly, informative and overall genuinely nice! Portland is the nicest city in the world!!! I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Bring your own shampoo and conditioner!!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank OCISManager
PDXCWGM, Manager at Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Dear BWOCManager,
I would like to say Thank You for taking the time to write a fabulous review of your stay with us at Candlewood Suites Portland Airport. We strive to provide Excellent customer service to all. I am very proud of our staff and the great service we are able to provide. I will make sure to pass on your fantastic compliments to both Ashley and Stacy(the executive housekeeper). Thank you for also mentioning the convenience to the local car rental companies. Next time you are in the Portland area we would love to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Easy to get to. Large room (we were in a queen suite) with good sized closet, big microwave and full-sized fridge. Bathroom smelled a little mildewy but we just the fan on at night and when we were out. Nice pantry downstairs. No complimentary breakfast but there are places nearby. No pool/hot tub but there was a gym. Airport noise was minimal but if you're there when military jets are doing maneuvers, you'll really notice it (friends at a nearby hotel with a higher rating also heard them). Our room was right next to the elevator but we never heard it. Would stay again as it was clean, staff were friendly, room was nice, and getting to it was easy.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank curvacious

Dear curvacious,
Thank you for submitting a review for your stay with us at Candlewood Suites Portland Airport. I appreciate you mentioning our friendly staff and the cleanliness of the suite. We try to provide a clean and quiet stay for all guests. It is true that the jets from the base can be bothersome, thankfully they are not departing all the time. We look forward to your stay next time you are in Portland Oregon.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Service: The front desk staff were efficient and very friendly. They were quick to my exchange request for new sheets and towels in the middle of the week. Right next to the lobby is a business center with 2 computers as well as a printer in it. Right next to the business center was a convenience shop that allowed you to pay cash directly into the box or charge any purchases to your bill. There was a free laundry room to the right of the shop and directly in front of the elevator. To the right of the laundry room was a gym which is also free to use. You also get next day dry cleaning for a small fee during the week which is useful for business trips.

Value: Discovered this hotel while planning for a week long visit to Portland for the first time. I was looking on the cheaper end of hotels to minimize costs for this trip and I stumbled upon this one. If you plan ahead you can get a really nice rate however make sure your plan is 100% set in stone because their cheapest rate requires a 100% nonrefundable deposit at least a week beforehand. Also free parking for 1 car is included during your stay which is great!

Sleep Quality: The walls kept sound out well and the bed was comfortable. The A/C unit isn't that loud and as long as the bathroom vent isn't on, except some decent sleep. Unfortunately, this hotel is located near the airport however I had a room on the 2nd of floors. I did not hear the sound of airplanes landing or taking off as I went to sleep as loudly as I expected to.

Cleanliness: The room was clean when I first came in. The provided kitchenware was clean as well, The sink both in the kitchen and bathroom was reflective and seemed clean. The rest of the bathroom was great too. Most importantly the bed sheets seemed clean and didn't emit any weird scents.

Location: Conveniently located near the airport, in fact it was a straightforward drive to and from the airport a couple of miles away down 1 road for the most part. If you're up for a short 1 mile walk to the cascade center you can get on the MAX RED line and head downtown. Bus #87 is also right in front and to the left across the street as well if it helps when planning a trip on public transit. As someone who planned entirely on public transportation this hotel worked out great for me.

Rooms:The bathroom had a nice amount of space to store things under the sink. The shower head was basic but good. The bathroom fan is a tad loud but overall was clean and stocked well with toilet paper.The suite with 1 queen bed was not real large but the kitchen was well equipped with a full size fridge, microwave, stove top, dishwasher, toaster, dishes, pans, etc. The air conditioner was fairly quiet and worked well.The window opened a few inches.

Other Information (for the geeky)
TV: The TV was a 32in LCD (I think LG but I forget the brand because I wound up not using it for the most part) rated for 720p with a native resolution of 1366x768. The cable service was in SD but still works if you need to get your television fix (I didn't use the TV for cable use at all other than to see its quality out of curiosity). Hooking up a console or laptop via HDMI yields a nice picture. A DVD player is included but I didn't wind up using it at all nor did I bother to check if it had an HDMI out. It was connected via component so it should work nicely for anyone who does use it.

Internet (Wireless): The coverage is wonderful and professionally laid out across the 2.4ghz spectrum in a manner that doesn't interfere with itself (split across channels 2,7,11 [I think]) and is password protected. The password seems to be rotated monthly so that outsiders can't use up all the bandwidth that should be for paying guests. Speeds are shared throughout the whole hotel but there is more than enough to go around. Speedtest results in the section to follow.

Internet (Wired): I had a hard time finding whether or not this hotel only had wireless or wired internet. Turns out it has both. If you come with an ethernet cable you'll be pleased to know that there is an ethernet jack right under the phone jack in the room! Now for the speed results. Taken through many wired tests throughout my stay, I consistently net a result of about 25Mbit down and 35Mbit up. Here is a link to a speedtest result to prove it.
[http://speedtest.net/result/2204716074.png]
Overall the geeky should be highly pleased with this hotel whether its gaming while away or transferring huge (and hopefully legal) files. Honestly though, you should be out and about in this great city but for those who wanted to know this I decided to put this information out there. If ever this is a gaming convention or something along those lines I HIGHLY recommend this hotel.

Overall I enjoyed my experience at this hotel as well as within the city of Portland. It really did feel like my home away from home. With such a friendly staff and great amenities, you can't go wrong choosing this hotel! I hope the next time I visit I can get similar rates again.

Room Tip: Higher floors might have more airplane noise but maybe they won't. The walls seemed to keep out most outside noise quite well so I could be wrong.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank kc6007470

Dear kc6007470,
I would like to thank you for your extremely thorough review of the Candlewood Suites Portland Airport. I appreciate you taking the time to break down every aspect of your stay here in Portland. Thank you for mentioning our helpfull and friendly staff as well as the cleanliness of your suite. We strive to provide a friendly home away from home feel. We look forward to your stay next time your in beautiful Portland Oregon.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

The rooms are clean and well insulated from interior noise. The water pressure and temp was perfect for me(Usually pressure is too low or water is not hot enough. The free laundry services was a big plus(clean and convenient). I felt safe leaving the hotel at night and it was conveniently located to most areas. The staff was helpful and pleasant. Housekeeping was unobtrusive and did a good job. The only drawback is you can hear planes occassionally(near airport). Ample parking. I would highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank athena5365
PDXCWGM, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Dear athena5365,

Thank you so much for giving us feedback about your stay with us. We appreciate you mentioning the cleanliness of our rooms as we try to keep our hotel looking as new as possible. Also, thank you for mentioning our free laundry and the friendliness of our staff. We enjoy the opporunity to have you as a guest and look forward to seeing you again soon.

KIndest Regards,

Nathan Storms

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I loved this place! It was so clean and I really enjoyed the kitchen. I couldnt belive it even had its own stove,including pots and pans and plates! Booking this place was a accident. I didnt mean to click book room,and when I did it let me know that the money would instantly be taken out of my account. I called the hotel and they told me they couldnt refund the money because its agianst policy because It was booked online. So my boyfriend and I travled to Portland just for the room and Im glad we did!

-Nice flat screen TV
-Comfortable Bed
-Luxury bathroom
-dvd player in room/DVD's at the front desk

Great place to stay! Highly recommend.
Room price ranges from 90-120$

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Michelle T,

Your tagline brings a smile to our staff. We are glad you stayed with us. We are sorry for any confusion in regards to your booking. There is an option on our website to book an advance purchase reservation which is non-cancellable and non-changeable, however, if an individual does not anticipate needing to cancel it will save them between 15 and 20 %. Thank you again, we hope to see you again soon.

KIndest Regards,