Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Fun day

It was raining the day we were going to go to the zoo. When we pulled into the parking lot we... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
smkymtngrl
Burlington, Iowa
So worth it!!

I was blown away by our first visit to the children’s museum. There was so much to do and my kids... read more

Reviewed November 9, 2018
Alyssa T
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Portland
from $105.00
from $100.00
from $60.00
More Info
All reviews water play water room water works vet clinic clay studio pottery room outdoor adventure all ages great place for kids different areas year olds a lot of fun washington park exhibits blast membership stage
Reviewed July 30, 2018

Been to Portland Children's Museum multiple times. Good for toddlers. If beyond that, will find it boring since it doesn't seem to have changed over the years. The visit this time gave me the impression that it has closed out certain sections and some areas desperately needed some face-lift and/or maintenance. It looked like it had some budget constraint. Uninspiring gift shop.

Date of experience: September 2017
2  Thank Luther N
Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

We are visiting from Houston, which has a phenomenal children's museum downtown and some stellar satellite locations in the suburbs. We decided to head to the Portland Children's Museum on a Wednesday morning. At $11 per person (2 adults and an 18 month old), perhaps my expectations were too high. The museum lacks a cohesive theme- here's a random pottery room, here's a stage, here's a vet's clinic and tucked behind here is a wildlife sactuary room. Overall, it feels like a space someone dumped a bunch of toys in, rather than a fun, educational experience. And sadly, some of the equipment isn't functional and a lot of the toys and books are tattered and worn out. The place is in dire need of a refresher, especially with their toys. We noticed museum staff walking through the rooms but it felt more like a security check rather than an interactive experience. The outside space would have been fun to explore in this heat (mud pools and sprinklers), but we didn't notice any wash stations or paper towels, and weren't about to risk a muddy toddler!

If you have toddlers who can play well alone, you might be ok spending a few hours here. I could see older children (7 or 8 years and up) getting bored.

Unless you're on a museum-sharing membership, skip the visit and head instead to the free playground just around the corner!

Date of experience: July 2018
2  Thank Rashna B
Reviewed July 9, 2018

We spent a few hours here with our Children. Ages 5 and 1 and 1/2. There was plenty for both of them to do, and they were not bored. Great place to spend some time! And Fun activites.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed May 27, 2018

I believe this is the third/fourth time I have taken the grandchildren to this museum. Each time I find myself not wanting to leave. I had doubts if my 8-yr. old grandson would enjoy this visit but HE DID! The five-year old once again didn't want to leave. We packed a lunch and ate outside. It was ANOTHER wonderful experience. It was clean, activities were well-maintained and the employees were MORE than helpful! I wish we had this type of museum where we live.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed May 21, 2018

Children of all ages love this interactive and educational museum. Bring your kids and they will have a wonderful time! You will have a wonderful time watching them experience this museum.

Date of experience: April 2018