“One of my favorite places...”
Review of Oregon Zoo

Portland Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
More Info
$94.00*
and up
Portland Combo: Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Trolley and Columbia River Gorge Tour
Ranked #11 of 453 things to do in Portland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Community-supported since 1888, the Oregon Zoo is a world leader in animal welfare and conservation, connecting more than 1.6 million visitors with the world of wildlife every year.
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I love going to the zoo and the one here in Portland is one of the nicest. It is well organized and the animals receive excellent care. The educational information is up to date and well presented. It is perfect to take your family or just go with friends.

1  Thank SGPDX
Write a ReviewReviews (2,116)

Reviewed April 19, 2014

I have two young kids and this is great to do with them. I had a membership for a year, but ended it because they started to charge for parking. There are a lot of animals to see. We could never get through all the exhibits in one day!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I will explain my title. I am use to zoo's that are set up to help the flo. You have an idea where to go. I am use to a zoo that doesnt feel like a zoo. Oregon Zoo had a lot of chain fences. Not to keep the animals in but just around the areas. So much greenery in the animal areas I could not get a view. The one animal that I could see was goats. I have seen goats. Feeding the birds nectar was fun. I did see they were updating it. I hope that it will improve the small conditions the animals were in.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I have visited many zoos and this one was a bit disappointing . Smaller than most and a bit expensive for entrance fee.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

This was my 2nd trip to the Oregon Zoo. This trip the animals seemed, I don't know sad. There was a polar bear shuffling backwards stopping short of falling into the water only to walk forward & then repeat the backward shuffle again, we were told he was exhibiting some kind of behavior of being caged. I don't know but clearly not normal behavior.
A lot of exhibits were closed for construction which is probably commonplace as I remember same thing last trip. Probably. Ok for kids, but probably last time for me.

1  Thank Budwiezer

Been to Oregon Zoo? Share your experiences!