“A wonderful afternoon!”

Portland Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #11 of 445 things to do in Portland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Community-supported since 1888, the Oregon Zoo is a world leader in animal welfare and conservation, connecting more than 1.6 million visitors with the world of wildlife every year.
Cape Coral, Florida, Usa
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“A wonderful afternoon!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My mom and I recently visited the zoo while on a girl's trip to Oregon. We only had a few days in Portland and had not planned to go, but I'm very glad that we did. We have been to zoos all over the country and this one ranks as one of our favorites. It has a great selection of animals and nicely presented habitats. Most of the zoo is very shady - especially the Northwest section which gives you the feeling of walking through the forest and happening upon the animals there. The Africa section is also very well done with baobab trees, huts and African music. Make sure to get an elephant ear from the concession stand near the lawn - very tasty! Everything is pretty close together, so it is not too overwhelming for young kids. They also have a train ride that you can take for an additional charge. We spent about 3 hours and saw everything at a leisurely pace. Keep in mind that the zoo closes at 5pm and they don't let people in after 4pm. You can also get a discount on your admission if you take the light rail to get there and show them your ticket stub.

Visited September 2013

Jackson, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun at Zoo”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My daughter and I took my 2 grandsons ages 6 and 3 and we all had a wonderful day. The baby elephant Lilly was especially delightful. I recommend this as a great outdoors experience for all ages. The thrill ride was great and the boys just loved it. We took the train ride from the parking lot and that was just great. All in all it was an A+ experience.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank cathie183
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good for the kids!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Very good experience, specially fir the kids. Hard to park, arrive after noon to take the spots of people that are leaving!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Ana B
Oregon
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Wonderful day trip”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Me and my husband went to he Oregon Zoo. It Is such a fun place to go. The exhibits are wonderful and I loved the layout of the zoo. There is plenty of benches to sit on an just enjoy the views. There are plently of refreshments all through so you will always have access to beverages or snacks. We will definitely be going back very soon.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank proudindian
Slidell, Louisiana
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have visited many of the major metropolitan zoos and drive through animal viewing parks throughout the United States. Clearly, the Portland Zoo is one of the finest. Its relatively compact size, combined with its well designed animal enclosures; large variety of animals, reptiles, birds, fish, and plants; readily...

Visited October 2012
1 Thank vbordelon

Been to Oregon Zoo? Share your experiences!