“Animal Adventures In The NW”
Review of Oregon Zoo

Portland Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
More Info
$86.00*
and up
Portland Combo: Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Trolley and Columbia River Gorge Tour
Ranked #11 of 453 things to do in Portland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Community-supported since 1888, the Oregon Zoo is a world leader in animal welfare and conservation, connecting more than 1.6 million visitors with the world of wildlife every year.
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I have been going to this zoo since the mid 70's & I never seem to get bored. There is so much to do so plan on spending the entire day there. You can ride the train around the park. Sit in this grassy area & watch experts fly birds over your head. Take the kids down to the petting area of the sheep. I love going over to aviary and buying these cups of sweet nectar and the birds come drink it out of your hands.

There are newer reviews for Oregon Zoo

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Great place to take youngsters, teens: go somewhere else. Bring a lunch or snacks yourself, food is so expensive, but bring a bit of money for elephant ears, about $5-6 each, best thing ever!!!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I really am not a zoo expert and want to say that upfront. We recently visited the zoo and really had a great time. It was fun & seemed to be well maintained. There was a section being worked on while we were there but overall a great visit.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I love going to zoos. This is by far, the best I have seen. The animal's habitat is so awesome! We went on a Wednesday morning, and yes it was raining. But the animals were out and active because it was not hot. The trails are well maintained, no litter, and we felt like we were talking a walk in the forest. I was pushed in a wheelchair, and some of the hills were hard to get up. Next time I would bring food as the cafe is very pricey and not all that good. Train does not run on weekdays in April

Reviewed April 10, 2013

The upkeep of this zoo is wonderful you can tell they try hard to keep everything tip top here most of the animals were out and playing or resting were u could see them very well even though it was off and on raining all day they have a lot of covered places for the animals and as a plus for us they were all close to windows so even though it was raining we stayed dry and got wonderful views and pictures upclose

Been to Oregon Zoo? Share your experiences!