“My favorite zoo by far”

Portland Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #11 of 442 things to do in Portland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Community-supported since 1888, the Oregon Zoo is a world leader in animal welfare and conservation, connecting more than 1.6 million visitors with the world of wildlife every year.
5 attraction reviews
“My favorite zoo by far”
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

It was raining when I came to visit and I thought I will not be able to see a lot of animals but surprisingly, I saw almost all of them. Black bears, polar bears, monkeys, elephants, I mean everything! It's nice that it's close to all the other parks.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chelan, Washington
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“FUN ZOO!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Easy parking, excellent clean zoo! Nice enclosures for animals....looked like they were getting enrichment experiences. :) Could use more food service areas.
New baby elephant was exciting to see. Male Lion is amazing....got to experience a bit of a training session with him. Great handlers!

Visited March 2013
Los Barriles, Baja California Sur, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Cute baby elephant!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My friend had a free pass so I went with her and her kids. They had just added lions and they were very beautiful. Also there was a baby elephant, really cool to be able to say I have seen one. It is definatly a all day trip thoe. I just wanted to see animals fast but with all the people and there huge grounds it is easy to get kinda lost.. Also eat befour you come here as the food is expensive, you dont get much for your buck and the lines can take forever. Then the resturant there only had half the stuff they say they do on there menu..

Visited July 2012
Gainesville, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fun on a Chilly President's Day”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

School was out and loads of kids were having fun at the zoo. We really enjoyed the baby elephant. We took the light rail line and then the elevator that flew us up 400+ feet to the zoo.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank SAMUEL M
Eastern Oregon
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“The best zoo”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

If you love zoos, you'll really love this one! Very family friendly. Happy kids. Happy Animals. Still have questions? Just go!

Visited July 2012

Been to Oregon Zoo? Share your experiences!