“Apt. rental with 3 daughters”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Francesca...
San Jose, California
“Apt. rental with 3 daughters”
Reviewed July 2, 2018 for a stay in June 2018

Our family stayed at one of Stay Alfred's lovely 1161 Overton Apartments from June 22-30th of 2018. The building is an impressive new and modern construction. It's well-maintained and felt safe and easy to access with the fob-key scan for the entrance and elevator. The Pearl district neighborhood where the Overton apt. is located is clean, upscale, and lovely; its a newly developed area with lots of higher end restaurants, shops, cafes, and bakeries. Some of the restaurants do not allow minors as they function primarily as swanky bars and the area does have a conspicuously young urban feel. There are, however, little parks everywhere within a 1-3 block walk; one of them a water play park that my three daughters are too old to enjoy but little ones would absolutely love! There is also a park that is a wetlands recreation, with ponds and lily pads that even my big girls enjoyed discovering. Close by is Sister's Coffee and Lovejoy's bakery, both of which we thoroughly enjoyed for coffee and pastries. Didn't get to try Ovation, the closest coffee shop, and Via Delizia a few blocks southward next to the light rail stop. Another note regarding little ones; the apt. walls are mostly glass and the windows open up in such a way that an audacious little kid (or adult) could easily climb out and fall, I would not want to stay there with a toddler or small child. Standing at the window and gazing down at the sidewalk below, however mind-blowing the view, did induce vertigo in my delicate and ground-level accustomed constitution. Nevertheless, it is a stunning urban view both by day and night. My kids are 11, 14, and 16, so I had no worries but thought if they were little I would be unable to relax. It has a fairly user-friendly kitchen and Safeway is a short 3 block walk away. The main thing the kitchen lacked for a cook like me was a cutting board and more cutting knives. There was one rather large and unweildy Ginsu knife (remember those info-mercials?!) and all the others were serrated steak knives. There are beautiful Silestone type counters that I did not want to damage by cutting fruit, for instance. The place was very clean, with a handy washer/dryer. There are only two extra blankets and Stay Alfred won't bring more as they explained it is a vacation rental and not a hotel. Fair enough. Perhaps if I'd requested in advance they would have stocked more. The nest thermostat is easy to use and adjust to your temperature needs. They failed to let me know about recycling pick-up from the hallway on Wednesday evenings. I had to figure out how to dispose of recycling and brought it down to the trash room in the garage. Loved the gym; clean, with water and towels and a nice street view to people watch and built-in tv's to watch the World Cup! Its an easy hop on the light rail with many stops nearby to get to downtown to some favorite restaurants such as Mother's, chocolatiers such as Cacao or Moonstruck (visit both), the Portland Art Museum, the Oregon Jewish Museum, OMSI, Powell's City of Books, or even to go a little bit further afield to the Oregon Zoo or the Hoyt Arboretum. Its not a long ride via public transportation to the Alberta Arts district or Hawthorne with its numerous restaurants and the Bagdad Theatre where you can order food, drinks, and watch a newly released movie, so fun! We also rented cars through getaround and took day trips to Sauvie island and Cannon Beach, great destinations if you have kids! I would highly recommend the rental and am already planning another sojourn for just my husband and myself. Be aware of one thing you will encounter all over Portland; it is a quickly gentrifying city markedly plagued with the problem of homelessness. No matter where you stay you will witness and experience this aspect of Portland, there's no avoiding it. I hope that the city can figure out a way to better help and accommodate all the displaced people that call its streets their home; its a tough problem with no easy solution especially in a city whose property values are rising. On that note, we were very disheartened to find one of our favorite food cart pods, the Division street pod, in the Southwest area, gone. In its stead we saw foundational construction, for condos in all likelihood, occurring on the lot. Its too bad, because the food cart culture is one of the dynamic, creative culinary movements that have made Portland distinct over the past decade and the reason we want to come back. I'm guessing that its this development too, that is creating the homelessness epidemic that you see in Portland. If you are looking for a conveniently located, user-friendly, clean apartment that will avail you of all the best Portland has to offer, don't hesitate to rent the Stay Alfred at Overton.

Your age range 35-49
Leah R
“Fantastic stay!!!”
Reviewed June 13, 2018 for a stay in June 2018

We couldn’t have been happier with our visit to Portland. This location is spectacular and the view even tops that! Breathtaking as you walk in the door as you take in panoramic views of the city. Superior accommodation with luxury furniture and bedding.

nettleshi...
Newport, Oregon
“Great location and Condo!”
Reviewed June 11, 2018 for a stay in June 2018

The condo itself was beautiful, the lobby and surround were so nice as well! The actual condo itself was much nicer than the photos that are on the website. There were 4 of us in the 2 bedroom condo and it was perfect. The views were really fun and so much light with the walls of windows. This was for a work trip and I would love to come back with my family!

jtjswen
Bend Oregon
“cool urban apartment”
Reviewed December 29, 2017 for a stay in December 2017

very comfortable yet trendy apartment with a great location in Portland's Pearl District. The 2bedroom/2bath unit was spacious and very well appointed for cooking and relaxing. Our only recommendation would be duvets on the beds as the heating system seemed to switch to A/C when it reached temp.
The amenities in the apartment and building were excellent. I'm hoping to stay there again!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing