“Beauty from another country”

Portland Japanese Garden
Ranked #3 of 453 things to do in Portland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Considered the most authentic Japanese Garden outside of Japan, the Portland Japanese Garden is a haven of tranquil beauty in all four seasons. In Spring of 2017, the Garden opened its new Cultural Village, complete with new garden spaces, classrooms, exhibition and gallery space, and the Umami Cafe.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed October 23, 2011

This is a very nicely laid out garden just for meandering.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,993)

Reviewed October 21, 2011

We love to visit the Porltand Japanese Garden. We travel to Portland in March to celebrate my husband's birthday and because he lived in Japan for 5 years he loves going to the Garden. It is beautiful and we enjoy wandering around and seeing something new everytime.

Reviewed October 18, 2011

Take a couple of hours and a camera and take your time going through this gorgeous garden.

1  Thank SassyTravelerDC
Reviewed October 11, 2011

With so many free parks to go and relax in around Portland, the fact that we had to pay to get into this one makes it less appealing to the cheap individual I often am. It was memorable... the koi fish, small trickling waterfalls, and the way Japanese design ingrains itself so seamlessly and inobtrusively with the landscape are lovely... but I had just as much fun and relaxation at the Rose Garden.
I'm glad I went once, but it's unlikely I'll go back.

1  Thank wisnic
Reviewed October 10, 2011

The garden is so serene and peaceful. One of the best I have ever seen.

Been to Portland Japanese Garden? Share your experiences!