“I go every year!”

and up
Best of Portland City Afternoon Tour
Ranked #1 of 442 things to do in Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: The oldest official, continuously operated public rose test garden in the United States boasts more than 8,000 roses.
Portland, Oregon
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“I go every year!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

This is a wonderful place to feast your eyes and nose on roses! Every time I go there, I want to go home and buy more roses. As if this isn't enough, you will have a stunning view of Portland and Mt. Hood.

Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Salt Lake City, Utah
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“You have to go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

So beautiful! A great place to relax with a great overlook of the city. We went in early April. It was perfect. I can only imagine what it would look like in full-bloom.

Visited April 2013
cincinnati
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“This is free, what?? awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

We had just finished up the Japanese garden, which was understandably expensive and then we get a bonus when we can walk through the rose garden for free. If I am being unclear, these are two separate attractions that are within walking distance to one another. We were there in OCT, and thought there wouldn't be much to see, but there were plenty of roses still out there, they were beautiful and smelled amazing! I don't even tend to be that much of a rose girl, but these had me convinced. And there are seriously a lot of roses to see. My trip mates were moving on and I just kept "stopping to smell the roses"

Visited October 2013
Redmond, Oregon
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“A must-see for rose lovers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

I have been visiting the test garden for many years, and it never ceases to amaze me. Every year there are new varieties, so it continually changes. The scent and the sea of color are breathtaking. Even in the off-season it is worth the view. Go to the Japanese garden first and go down the hill for a look over Portland. On my last visit, master gardeners were there to answer questions. Yes, it is not the easiest place to reach, but plan ahead and don't miss it.

Visited July 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Worth Seeing - Even my teenage boys enjoyed it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is an interesting and beautiful property. We took our whole family and everyone, including two teenage boys, really had a great time!

Visited August 2013