“Great place to see and very close to the city”

International Rose Test Garden
$34.00*
Portland Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #1 of 453 things to do in Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: The oldest official, continuously operated public rose test garden in the United States boasts more than 8,000 roses.
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The International Rose Test Garden is an amazing place to see and its free! Most cities would fence this up and charge a $6 fee to walk through it. This place is done by volunteers and free to walk throught. Throw a few bucks in the donation bin if you can to help out. The Japanese Garden is walking distance from here which you must see as well.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is an amazing rose garden. The best part is that it is free, we usually give a donation depending on how many friends are in the party. We always take our out of town visitors here in the summer and fall, and they are amazed at the incredible variety of roses. I love this garden, it is one of the most beautiful parts of Portland.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Portland is blessed with many nice greenery and parks. The rose garden is oen of them too. It's not too far from the city center. One can take a long walk up there but there are buses and train that can take you to it (or at least near it). It's free and one can stroll through rows of roses, relax and attend a free concert (if there is on during your visit). It's also close to the Japanese Garden so the visit to either one can be combined with the other one.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I had no intention of visiting this garden, but my bus driver (bus 63) told me that after visiting the Japanese Garden, I really needed to walk down to the rose garden. I'm really glad he did, and I thanked him when he picked me up at the end of my visit. I'm not a big garden fan, but the roses still had blooms and the smell was amazing. There is a lot to see here. Very nice.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

A quiet stroll through the garden is a great way to relax and enjoy nature. The variety of different roses is amazing and there is color everywhere. Even if you are not a flower lover, you will appreciate this garden. Put this on your tourist 'to do' list!