“Great location”

Courtyard Portland City Center
Ranked #28 of 144 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This was my first visit to Portland. I wanted to stay near downtown. This place had some good reviews. I found a better deal on my phone vs my laptop.I booked 4 nights not knowing what to expect. However, I was pleasantly surprised. It is within walking distance to everything. The rooms clean and tastefully decorated. The water pressure good . The restaurant was very good and had vegetarian options. I would go back in a second.

• Stayed: January 2014
CourtyardPDXGM, Manager at Courtyard Portland City Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Thank you so much for the fantastic review. I am glad you were so happy with your stay. All of our staff take great care to make sure every stay is the best possible. I hope you get the chance to make it back to Portland soon.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Booked this hotel for a last-minute trip to Portland and I was pleasantly surprised. I have stayed in a few "higher ranked" hotels in Portland (The Nines three times, Westin, Ace) and this is right up there with the best. Efficient service, large comfortable rooms but most of all, great location! Close to both the Pearl District and central downtown Portland. The extra bonus is you are right across the street from a number of delicious food trucks! I would not hesitate to stay again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for the 5 stay review. The food trucks that are near the hotel are amazing. I hope you got the chance to try out the Mexican food cart as it is delicious. We can't wait to see you again on your next trip.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

My partner and I stayed here this last week-end. Very accommodating staff. The room was very nice, not big but had everything we needed. The bathroom was big, bigger than a lot of hotels I have stayed in with similar room size. Our favorite thing was the hotel location. It was perfect, walking distance to Pioneer Square, right on the Met line with red, yellow and blue trains. 3 blocks to Voodoo donuts ;-) and great restaurants, big and small and the best rated Mexican food cart 1/2 half block away. Who could ask for anything more. We had a car so I opted for the room with included parking which is not cheap, $30.00 day. But it was still under $150.00 a night, for a downtown nice hotel I think this is still a good deal.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
CourtyardPDXGM, Manager at Courtyard Portland City Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Thank you so much for the 5 star review. I have to agree that our location can't be beat. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to downtown Portland.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I stayed here with a group in December. The staff was accommodating and able to get us into connecting rooms even though we hadn't previously requested it. The rooms were very nice--the one exception is that the shower did not seal well and created a large lake in the bathroom floor every time it was used. Other than that, the bed was comfortable, the room was large, and there was a comfortable lounge chair and a desk. The location was perfect for us. The street cars come very close to the hotel for transport to and from the airport. You are walking distance to the waterfront, restaurants, and breweries... and don't forget the food trucks! There is a group of them right outside the hotel. I doubt you can beat this combination of price and quality! We will stay here if we make it back to Portland.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mstiwin
CourtyardPDXGM, Manager at Courtyard Portland City Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review. Being so close to the food trucks is a huge perk! I hope you do get a chance to come back to Portland and enjoy the city.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

The hotel was is a great location. We walked or took transit everwhere. Love all the transit options in PDX; light rail, bus or street car. We rented a car one day from the Enterprise around the corner (4th & Pine) for $17.02 on hotwire - great deal! The hotel was very nice, seemed really new. The Original Dinerant downstairs was a great restaurant - we at dinner and breakfast. Great menu and food. The staff was all very friendly. Also they have a very small little store that has a microwave so we were able to heat up left overs and eat them at the big table in the lobby living room. The lobby living room was great. Very welcoming with a nice fireplace, two couches and lots of chiars a high top table with a tv to hand if you wanted to spend time relazing outside of your room. They also had a great coffe and tea bar with Stumptown coffee. Also had the computer station to print your boarding passes. Overall great stay. Would definitely return! We got a fantastic deal for staying 4 nights in January - I think it was about $110/nt for a regular king room. Also the gym was a great facility! Had everything, even foam rollers! No pool/jacuzzi.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the 5 star review! We love to hear from our guests especially when they have such a great time on our property. I hope you get a chance to visit us again soon.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is nicely appointed, has a small but functional lobby and a nice staff. No self parking option. Best pillows I ever had in a hotel.

The Original restaurant is in the building - convenient. See separate review.

I will stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank vljmiller

Thank you for the nice review. I am glad that you enjoyed the pillows in our guestroom. We look forward to seeing you again soon.