“Perfect location”

Courtyard Portland City Center
Ranked #27 of 144 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This hotel had proven to be a very good choice, considering the number of hotels in Portland.
Very good location, easy to walk to many attractions. Unfortunately, we were short of time and only stayed 1 night. The room on the 7th floor was compact, but very practical.It has everything one needs in a hotel room.The bed was very comfortable.Ample room to hang your clothes.Huge bathroom .Very quiet - considering the lack of ability to open a window.The restaurant - The Original attached to the hotel - is most accomodating with good food.We'll stay there again when we explore Porland at a more leisurly pace.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
CourtyardPDXGM, General Manager at Courtyard Portland City Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you for your review. I am please that you will be back to enjoy Portland again for a leisurely stay.

Courtyard by Marriott Portland City Center- A Boutique Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,079)

Reviewed October 15, 2012

The hotel was centrally located in downtown portland. I thought the price was ok for the area. Although checkin was a wait. They have three stands and there was not rhyme or reason on the line. We ended up waiting because someone got infront of us, then there was a few front desk clerks standing around talking to one another. The room was not to quiet. However i found someone elses clothing tags on the floor of the room (missed by vaccuum?) so that made me wonder about the rest of the cleanliness of the room. The bed was ok but everytime you moved the bed bounced. The fan was always on in the bathroom so the only way to quiet that was keep the door closed. The parking fee was terrible though very expensive. and would have parked in another lot, but since this was the first time in Portland we did not know if it was safe so we paid the $30.00 that they charged us.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. After reading your review, I shared this with the staff as a training tool to improve on our guest experience. I can assure you, what you experienced is not the norm for us. We hope the next time you are in town, you give us another try.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Checks into to room 1208, with 1 very small window looking down an alley. Requested another room at front of hotel. Still a small window. Both rooms had no closets (not sure if that is situation in all rooms) Had about 1 foot of space to hang clothes.
Hotel is 3 years old and was nicely decorated and clean. Everything still looked new. Will stay in Marriott on the river next time as there are shops, etc and its a nicer walk.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms ending in 08
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for the review. I am glad that you though our hotel was nicely decorated and clean. We do have a few rooms with small windows and closets, but many with large windows and larger closets. I hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in Portland.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Extremely clean with a helpful staff. The room was nice, uninspired bathroom for a new hotel. A super large blurry photograph of a dresser with knicknacks was just plain ugly. The desk area was overly dark and held two abstract pieces of art and a white vase that didn't help the decor. ThE beds were very comfy. The nearby neighborhood was a little scruffy, but a few blocks away is Powell's bookstore and a large Whole Foods supermarket. Starbuck's is across the street.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank artist81

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you found the room to be clean and that the staff was very helpful. I know we all have different taste in art. We have over 800 pieces of original art by local artists in our hotel. We appreciate your thoughts. Hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I'll start with my only negative - their computer showed a higher rate than my confirmation promised, and I had to prove mine both on paper and by showing my confirmation email on my iPad. So glad I had this with me! After that, the desk clerk made the adjustment and no further problem.

The room was one of the best I've ever stayed in with regard to amenities, cleanliness and arrangement - plenty of room to put away all my stuff, good arrangement of seating, lighting, desk, etc. The bathroom was good size and well arranged and the shower was large. (No tub, which would bother some people but not me).

Front desk staff were friendly and helpful with questions on transportation, etc.

The restaurant next door was accessible from the hotel lobby and had a fun menu. And they had no problem with me buying a glass of wine to take up to my room.

Location was great for walking to most downtown attractions and the trolley was close by for going farther.

The rates were very good compared to other downtown properties I looked into. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for the nice review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! Come back soon!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

courtyard by Marriot is always a good coice - you basically know what you are up to when booking.
The Courtyard Marriot in Portland is a little bit special:The hotel is very trendy - welcoming lounge music in the lobby, ultra modern bar enclosed and the room are very modern, fresh and have a great furnishing.
The hotel is located directly in the city center so you can walk easily everywhere you might think of - well - the parking lots are not included in the room rate and you have to add that definately (20 Dollars average per night) but that accounts to most of the hotels in Portland.
There is not a lot to moan about that hotel - a very nice hotel with a good value for great rooms, great location and very nice statt members.
More 'Courtyards' should be like that!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I thought the cost was excellent for the quality. The location was convenient, everything was smartly decorated, the room was very clean and comfortable, and I had no noise complaints. Close to the train.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room when booking. You may not have a great view, but you're guaranteed a good r...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
CourtyardPDXGM, General Manager at Courtyard Portland City Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you for the nice review. We appreciate it! Come stay with us the next time you are in Portland!