“Can't wait to return”

Portland Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
More Info
$94.00*
and up
Portland Combo: Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Trolley and Columbia River Gorge Tour
Ranked #15 of 453 things to do in Portland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) is a nationally-renowned science center providing science learning to a range of audiences. Our programming is guided by OMSI’s long-term vision to promote a healthy, innovative, and sustainable society where everyone is prepared to participate in civic life. OMSI’s science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) programming helps visitors and program participants master 21st century skills such as critical thinking, problem solving and collaboration. We achieve this vision through exhibits, classes, camps, traveling educators, and adult programs around the state, making OMSI a trusted educational resource to all Oregonians.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Positive: So many things to see and do. Plenty to keep the kids busy for several visits. There seems to be something for all ages.

Not so positive: Exteremely busy. Parking is not so fun. Lot's of the stuff that the kids want to see is an extra charge. I can understand why some of it is extra, but another ticket for the Mythbusters stuff is not cool.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,423)

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My kids have always loved visiting OMSI, its such a fun place to see and many hands on activities. All ages can have a great time here and there is so much to look at and do. You can see museum type displays, go into the hands on science room, my husband can spend hours in there, and there is the Planetarium with laser shows, and the Omnimax theater, plus a fun Submarine tour that I think cost a little extra, but fun.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

The attitude of the counter clerks was awful, we got to the museum at 9:15am to be first in line as we needed to get on the road for a meeting that afternoon and had a five hour drive. 9:30 am opening time came around and the clerks kept their seat behind their point of sales, we kept hoping they'd come and open the doors. Finally, a smart kid pushed the door and we realized that they had been automatically opened, it must be fun for the clerks to play that joke on customers every day! As we were first in line, I entered the marked line and waited there but they simply watched me behind signs indicating to go to the next window. So I did until I got to the next side of the counter that said "members only" and realized I had just lost my opportunity to get tickets and had to go back to the end of the original line. Another fifteen minutes behind the 35 people that were now on line we finally got our tickets, very frustrating deal! The attraction was great although extremely loud and crowded, not sure that I'd spend $65 again for the four of us to go back and give the clerks the satisfaction to humiliate me.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

lots of hands on stuff for kids, and adults. Science at its best, and presented in a fun way. Go often, exhibits are changing all the time.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

OMSI. A terrific museum, you even get to see what your insides look like! If you are a member of another science museum you may get admittance here make sure you ask.