“What fun!”

$69.00*
Portland Brewery Bike Tour
Ranked #1 of 136 Shopping in Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: The world's largest book store.
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My husband and I went here during our Northwest road trip. We each had a list of books, old and new, that we wanted to find. While we found all but one, we also found a whole bunch more to add to our library! We probably could have filled a shopping cart with books, but alas, we only had so much room. I wish my town had a bookstore like this! A must see in Portland.

1  Thank Jill D
Write a ReviewReviews (4,123)

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I am not a big reader of books but even I was impressed. One can find just about any kind of book and if you can't, they will get it. They even take books on trade in and resale at a discounted rate. Books are awesome. People tend to forget that before PCs books were responsible for any intelligence gained. Very friendly staff that will help one find anything!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

HUGE! Just the photography section was at least 600 sq feet in size.

I found it almost too overwhelmingly large. Friendly staff located everywhere at info stations to help direct you and assist.

I shop online with powell's often and it was nice to finally get into a store.

Loved having the new and used books side by side to choose from instead of separated.

I believe they have a parking garage nearby but we ended up parking near Deschutes Brewery and walked over.

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

This bookstore is my favourite bookstore ever! The sheer volume of books is amazing, but everything is so well organised. The used books are all in great condition, and well priced. The staff were friendly and helpful. I wish I had their jobs! Would highly recommend Powell's!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I never made it past the bottom floor. All used books are worked in with new books. Don't go there if you are short on time.

1  Thank Kristina T