“Awesome!”

$69.00*
Portland Brewery Bike Tour
Ranked #1 of 135 Shopping in Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: The world's largest book store.
Reviewed January 5, 2012

This book store has a plethora of books its almost sick, they just add a collection of anne rice's books they have a room with rare books, the books are relatively cheap as they do have new and used. ( be careful though because sometimea you may just be paying for the name powells ) i found a book for 14 dollars and decided to leave it, when i looked it up online amazon had it for 75 cents. So dont get bamboozled but over all i really did love the store, they even have a gift section with cool shirts and other things.

Reviewed January 3, 2012

It's hard to find fault in Powell's.

Not wanting to look like a tourist, I walked in acting like I've always visited this place. Just another Sunday afternoon. Man, am I a bad actor. Even though I tried really hard, I knew I must have looked like a wide eyed teenager walking from room to room. This place is amazing. Even if I tried, I can find the most obscure book and even surprised myself finding things I never thought existed.

This is a definite must visit for everyone and anyone who is in the city. If you're a book lover, you will be able to stay in here for hours, if you're not a book-worm, I'm sure you'll be just as amazed walking through.

Reviewed December 27, 2011

Whatever your reading niche, chances are Powell's has it! The layout can be confusing at first, the signs were very helpful! Definitely worth the stop, we were able to find several older cookbooks we had been looking for, one was even autopgraphed by the author. The kids loved the childrens section and the used section offered great titles with great prices. A MUST for any reader in Portland!!

Reviewed December 16, 2011

If you love the excitement of the "chase" in looking for used books, this store is for you. It may not have the cheapest prices or most extensive selection, compared to online stores, but it has a wonderfully diverse collection, nicely divided into color coded rooms in the main store and a couple (or more?) smaller buildings within a short walk in downtown Portland. I easily spent a couple of hours just meandering through the stacks, sampling here and there, and wound up with some jewels that I didn't even know I needed!

Reviewed December 8, 2011

Spend a day lost in a book? There is a better way to go. Check out one of Portland's best kept secrets. Powell's Books. Downtown Portland where all the action is, you can spend the day exploring what the world has to offer.