“Departure from the usual in dining experience”
Review of Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit
Order Online
Ranked #38 of 5,040 Restaurants in Portland
Description: Jackrabbit combines the creative approach of Chef Chris Cosentino's craftsmanship with the grit, flavor, and character that makes Portland one of the country's premier dining and lifestyle destinations.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Whoa is all I can say. The food is superb. It is not the heathy option, but if you want good food and you can afford to deviate from a healthful diet, you have got to stop here. You will not be disappointed.
I cannot believe that I had fried pig ears. They were great. Tender and chewy and delicious with lime squeezed on it. Fish dish which is heathy was excellent.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (259)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First day of breakfast the food was good but friends cappuccino took at least 15 minutes to prepare and we were on a schedule. Second day was just for coffee and it was served lukewarm at the very least....huh?... not acceptable at all.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A group of coworkers and I found our way here after arriving in Portland, and while we were surprised Jackrabbit serves breakfast/brunch until 2pm, I was not upset by this.

Overall, the food was very good. I love both duck and rabbit, so I was excited to see the various offerings. People at my table had seafood, a burger, the duck leg confit and waffle, the cinnamon bun, and another dish I can’t recall. I had two eggs and toast, plus what I think was rabbit sausage (or was it duck?). Tasty! The dinner menu looked delicious as well. While the prices were a little inflated,it wasn’t too bad for a joint that I am sure considers itself a hip downtown place.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I agree with others that the food is excellent. We ate there on two occasions as we stayed at the hotel. I had the impossible toast and it was delicious although I would have preferred something else on the plate (even a slice of orange or piece of parsley) just to add to the all brown look. Breakfast the next day was also very good. However, I was not the only one that failed to receive coffee in a timely manner as others in the restaurant also had to ask repeatedly to be served a cup. This happened on both occasions (never even received any on the first) and certainly made the meals we had less enjoyable. I hope the management will review why the wait staff either forgets or is not able to serve coffee in a timely manner.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We chose Jackrabbit as it was an easy walk from our hotel on a wet Sunday. Interesting selection of foods for brunch. I chose the smoked fish board and was v happy I did. Lots of smoked salmon, rillettes and also smoked trout served with capers and onions and a bagel. V. substantial. The orange and green juices tasted healthy!
Michael was our server and as you can tell if you read these reviews she was exceedingly helpful.
This one has been added to my 'Portland eatery' list.