“The place is the worst”

Travelodge Portland City Center
Ranked #106 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The room smelled bad , the staff was no help.The room was dirty .for all who reads this do not stay here.when I told a staff about the room all he said is i rented that room before no one else complain , he made it out I was bothering him,he said I will tell my GM .Let me tell you he was no help too.DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Pat C

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I pick up my son in Portland once per month. In order to avoid Greyhound, I started taking Amtrak to Portland from Bellingham. Unfortunately, the train arriving in Portland from B'ham arrives 5 minutes after the northbound train leaves. Hence, I found Travelodge, Portland, City Center. I thought, hmm, this could be my go to motel each month. Until I made a reservation and didn't arrive in Portland on time and I was still charged for the room. There were circumstances beyond my control regarding checking into the room. The front desk clerk refused to work with me on re-scheduling my overnight stay. He said he would check with his supervisor, Mr. Paul Chung. Bottom line, because of Travelodge Portland City Center's refusal to work with me, I will never stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth Y
Reviewed May 17, 2012

My 82 year old mother and I stayed here , she was having heart surgery at OHSU the next day. Starting at around 7 pm the people in the room next door went in and out of their room every 10 minutes slamming the door . Would set the horn alarm off on their car every tiime. This went on until about 12:30 a.m. No one came to do any thing about it. Then around this time a street brawl with 5 or 6 people went on in the parking lot right in front of our room and it continued for atleast 15 minute and again no one did anything about it. All that was missing was the gun shots which I expected to start at any minute. Finally every thing quieted down around 1 a.ma had to be up at 5 a.m. to get to the hospital. Needless to say we were both exhausted. Would not recomend staying here at all.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sharon n
Reviewed March 30, 2012

This was a very affordable place to stay with an easy walk to downtown Portland. We had all that we needed as far as amenities go, and the bar downstairs had some nice drinks to help get things started before going into town.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Great location and really nice stay. Everyone was very polite and accommodating.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Location was perfect for us. Rooms were just what was needed. I really only need a bed and a hot shower, come on this is a motel, what more do you want?

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2011

My husband had a very early appointment at the VA and this motel was an option the VA gave us for lodging after checking out the website and having stayed at other travel lodges and had been happy, we decided on this one, very bad choice. The desk clerk was very odd and shifty. The room was dirty and dingy, beds were very uncomfortable and the noise from traffic was horrible. The lounge or bar is not recommended, I don't know how to say this without tripadvisor not publishing it but I think people should be warned, but it is considered a homosexual bar, so if you are not interested, avoid it!! The neighborhood surrounding the motel is not very good either.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business