“Horrible.”

Chestnut Tree Inn Portland Mall 205
Ranked #84 of 146 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Room was disgusting. Cigarette holes in comforter. Threadbare sheets. Furnishings looked like garage sale finds from the eighties. Nonsmoking room reeked of smoke to the point of making my eyes and throat burn. Room was not cleaned or serviced in any way after day one of our two night stay. Will never go to a non chain motel again. Live and learn.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank shan333

Reviewed June 16, 2013

1. Horrible front desk service 2.Rude/No privacy w/ the House Keepers 3. Nasty Rooms 4.THIN walls. that is all. the only thing that was good about this hotel was the location. it was close enough to where we needed to go.

Room Tip: Go a crossed the way and you will avoid everything I just named.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jordynjane
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Came in late and booked a non-smoking room, immediately fell asleep. Woke up disgusted to see cigarette holes in two pillows and went to take shower in smokey bathroom. Asked for a refund and service desk attendee accused me of wanting a free stay, that I should have told them the night before. Very politely explained and she was snarky and sarcastic. She said there was no refunding possible on her authority, and the manager that might could talk to me would not be in for a week, and said to call the hotel back in a week or so. And said to fill out a card to help them fix the problem. Rediculous. Do not stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013
5  Thank Daniel J
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Yes, I live in the Portland area. I stayed at the Chestnut for a little R&R, time away from my daily routine. The desk employees were pleasant and accommodating. The hotel has had a make over inside and out. My room was quiet & relaxing. The Chestnut Tree Inn is convienently located right off the freeway. There is a shopping mall and lots of options as far as places to eat out. So, if your looking for a great place to stay for a reasonably priced motel...The Chestnut Tree Inn is the place.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 6, 2012

My room was clean and quiet, comfortable new bed, carpet, bath linens, flat-screen TV. Very limited range of cable channels, wireless was OK. Maid service was excellent, but the generally unresponsive daytime manager was not very pleasant. Front desk employees on other shifts and the weekends were very nice and helpful. The continental breakfast is a farce, unless you consider white bread and plain white bagels healthy food. If you expect a continental breakfast to consist only of orange juice, an apple, coffee, and white breads you will be happy. With a more welcoming attitude, a better selection of cable channels, and a decent continental breakfast this place might actually be more than 1/4 or 1/3 occupied on most nights.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank T3515
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We have stayed at the Chestnut a few times the past few years but this past weekend will be our last! About 3:00am in the room next to us the couple were fighting and breaking things, so we called the police since the lady was crying saying your hurting me. 2 hours later it all started again this time I called the front desk and they questioned me as if I didn't know what I was talking about. They finally called the police again, next the lady comes banging on our door questioning me about calling the police! I don't need this BS any place I stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Tom242
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I didn't check the reviews before I made the reservation.I was mainly was looking for the best price for the location.
The con:The TV kept giving off static, which was very annoying. And we didn't get our wake up call. We had also set the alarm on our cell phone, so we did wake up in time.We asked for 2 extra pillows, but there wasn't any. So that will be a request the next time we make a reservation in a motel.
We expected more then a jelly roll for our breakfast, but I guess that is a Continental.
The pro: Rooms were clean and comfortable bed.

Room Tip: The first floor is closest to the office.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple