“Adequate for overnight”

Ranked #52 of 141 Hotels in Portland
Orlando, Florida
“Adequate for overnight”
Reviewed October 19, 2008

Not sure what some of the reviewers expected. For about $70 a night I got a clean, comfortable room , with a frig and microwave, lobby area was fine, computer worked, 24 hour shuttle to the airport, usual continental breakfast. (though there was limited seating). Staff was friendly enough. There is a jiffy mart, subway and McDonalds across the parking lot.. Many of the other airport area hotels are along the train track. I booked a night for my trip out and would stay there again.

• Liked — pirce
  • Disliked — small breakfast area
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed August 13, 2008

I stayed at the Comfort Suites near PDX last night, and was not at all pleased as an otherwise very loyal Choice Hotels customer. Upon arrival in my room, I found the following:

-No working computer in lobby
-Out of date look of furniture, carpet, wall coverings
-Unidentifiable white spots all over couch
-Sweat-stained desk chair
-Uncleaned spill marks on desk
-Greasy smudges on minifridge

Then, this morning, I found that one phone was broken and the other unplugged, which makes it difficult to receive a wake-up call. Then when I called for a late check out (guaranteed with my Choice Privileges account), the front desk person made a fuss about it.

From my experience with Choice, this property should be an Econolodge - not Comfort Suites. This is the worst that I've ever seen of the brand.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
North Carolina
Reviewed May 10, 2008

My husband and I arrived here VERY EARLY on our last day of vacation.....5/9/2008. The manager on duty gave us Rm. 200, at the END of the hall and VERY QUIET! We were allowed to check in at 11am and recover from our horrible night the night before at Government Camp, OR!!!!!! I had reserved (online) a queen suite and we were given a KING suite with loveseat and chair. VERY clean and excellent mattress with wonderful, clean, crisp linens and plenty of pillows. The bathroom was exceptionally spotless.
There was also a nice small microwave and mini-fridge!

We asked if there was a Costco or Wal-Mart nearby so we could download photos and found that a Costco was within 5 minutes!

We asked for a good place for dinner and were referred to Shilo's Restaurant just down the street and it was WONDERFUL (a bit pricey, but it was our last night on vacation and our anniversary!)

After dinner, we just went across the street and turned right and turned in our rental car. We had figured we would have to take the rental car shuttle back to the airport and then catch the hotel shuttle back, our rental car drove us back to our room!!!! How's that for service?

Breakfast is served from 4am to 9am. (Yes! 4am!!!) There was a waffle maker, cereals, fruit, yogurt, donuts, bagels and bread for toast. It worked out well because we ate at 4:30am and took the 5am shuttle to the airport and didn't have to worry about nothing being open before our flight boarded!

In short.....nothing wrong with this hotel at all. Cleanliness and friendliness, two of our main criteria!

• Liked — Cleanliness and Friendliness of Employees
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Coos Bay, Oregon
Reviewed April 13, 2008

There may be some good rooms here but mine was not - it was in the back in a dark scary area - no other choice said management because I was a 10 pm arrival even tho I had a reservation - this room was facing a mostly deserted parking lot - room was dark and creepy, bed was just strange with ill-fitting linen that kept slipping off - everything was generally dirty and run-down - the airport shuttle was prompt in pickup and return to airport - extended continental breakfast was very good - wireless internet did not work in this room and did not work with a cord after I walked all the way back to the office to get one - NO, will not stay here again - one of the poorer "comfort" inns I have seen - I usually try the Choice hotels chain unless I am using Marriott - have been in some good and some bad - now I am very assertive before arrival in calling the hotels and describing what I won't accept in my accommodations

Stayed February 2008
Los Angeles
Reviewed December 25, 2007

Pros:
- Free continental breakfast: More for those who want to save a few bucks and aren't too picky. The eggs were overcooked and weren't available one of the days we were there. Make your waffles and fruit selection were decent, though.
- Fridge in room... but it didn't really get cold.
- Had a variety of food within walking distance(Chinese, sports bar, convenience store, Burger King, Subway...)
- Free wifi

Cons:
- Pretty isolated: the bus stops running around 6 so do yourself a favour and rent a car if you want to go out at night. There isn't much to see around the hotel.
- Bathroom was small and the bathtub didn't feel clean. The walls were drab and yellowish.... Maybe that was the design of it?
- The entire hotel is now "smoke-free" according to the sticker in the lobby. However, the room still lingered of old smoke, especially when you first walk into the room. We just opened the window (in December, yes.) and the smell was unnoticeable.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank macheteready
Boise
Reviewed December 18, 2007

A great find. Very clean,very quiet, reasonable. Staff was indifferent to friendly. Wonderful continental breakfast starting at 4:00 a.m. For dinner, recommend the China Wok, a short walk around the side of the hotel. We would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat!

• Liked — virtually everything
  • Disliked — staff could have been more friendly
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RandyBoise_Idaho
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed November 1, 2007

I love going to Oregon and this last trip there, I made my plans in late August 2007. I first got my air travel out of the way and then I started looking at Hotels in the Portland area and since I was getting in late on a Saturday Night. I thought it was best to stay out near the Airport and besides most Hotels in the area have a FREE shuttle from the Airport and there Hotel. I checked out several hotels in the area. And looking to save money I went with this Comfort Suites Hotel. And loved it my first 4 nights and 5 days I stayed there. In the morning I had the waffles you make yourself and enjoyed my free ride to the Airport and taking the Tri-Met train anywhere I wanted to go for the day for $4.50 I found this Hotel to be just in the right place a Burger King was across the street and a McDonalds was a block away. When I travel alone these places are great for a cheap meal. The Comfort Suites Hotel had an Indoor pool and Hot tub along with a good size Sauna. My room had a King Size Bed with a Sofa nice size TV and Ref/Microwave my view wasn't the best but I found the room to be very much the Value I was looking for.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Only one Elevator
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo