“Exceeded expectations.”

Comfort Suites Portland Airport
Ranked #54 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed April 16, 2014

My sister and I were in town for my son's robotic teams championships and had budget. I can see parking could be a bit tight but I don't see a way it could be expanded. We were fine since we got to the hotel right after the day of matches were done. I hadn't seen a hot breakfast as one of the amenities on the site from which I booked, so this was a PLEASANT bonus (which saved some of our funds). Loved the sitting area and the beds where quite comfortable with choice of soft or more firmer pillows, as stated on the cards in the room. (sheets had a fresh smell to them). Their was no lighting over microwave/fridge area, so when heating our dinner it was in the shadows. Might remind staff to check freezer tray more frequently. I accidentally pulled it out when reaching for the freezer door and spilled it when emptying it myself (hey if I see something that needs done, I do it). Desk staff fast and efficient when checking in, when tired this is great. The gal at check out had very upbeat personality which started the day beautifully. Overall exceeded the price we paid for our brief visit. (quite possibly chose this hotel since I believe I stayed here before and had positive subconscious memory of it).

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed March 16, 2014

!st room we went to key wouldnt work gave wrong key goit it straighten out and there were dirty towels all over the bathroom went to different roomkey wouldnt work so they put us in a different room the tub and toilet had rings on them an a unpainted 2x4 above the closet and they didnt even apoligize for the inconvence they caused us

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
PDXER14, General Manager at Comfort Suites Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

We're really sorry this occurred. Please give us a chance to make it up to you.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

As a Hotel guest and DIamond Choice member I was extremely disappointed with the parking at this location. After returning from dinner 6:30 p.m. found no, none, parking available. This was not because the Hotel was booked, it was due to the Hotel having a conference room booked. When asked where a Hotel guest should park, I was directed to go park in the strip mall up the block. If I wanted to I could after 9 p.m. go move my car back as the conference should end about that time. I asked to be notifed of when parking was available, and they said I would have to just check. The disappointment is the rest of the Hotel is comfortable, however with the lack of parking and concern for there guests parking, I will not return. If you do not need to park a vehicle, It would probably be o.k. for you, just not for me I'm out after tonight.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

I quite understand your frustration, but this REALLY was a one-off situation. The parking was full because we had a lot of people attending the conference for a few hours. Please come back and try us again. Call me personally to handle your reservation.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Okay, so I decided to venture out from the trusted Clarion hotel...boy, did we miss the comfort of Clarion! Cobwebs in the ceiling, the hotel appears to be in need of a face lift, jaccuzzi was cold, closet in the room had sliding doors added, hence turning on the light switch when entering the room with a full arm load was challenging - the slider was rather challenging. Will definitely continue our stay at Clarion across the road from now on!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Ruby-AnnPike

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I'm sorry you were disappointed with your stay. But thanks to your feedback we are able to focus on areas of concern and have addressed may of them.
Just by way of explanation-the switches are conveniently located by the entrance, and the wardrobe doors are always kept open for easy access. I'm sorry if you were bothered by this.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We moved to this location after 3 nights at the Clarion down the road. It was so much nicer.
This is not a top notch, 5 star facility, but it is clean, comfortable and the staff very personable and willing to help.
The room was clean, quiet and the bed comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DebPat2011

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, and for the nice things you have said. We really do strive the be "the little hotel that could "- and I hope our staff displayed some of that attitude during your stay.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I stayed for a total of four nights. I got a great deal on the internet and was pleased to find a truly spacious room with a king sized bed and a small sitting area with couch, chairs and table. There was a big flat screen, a cold fridge for my snacks and leftovers, and nice indoor pool and hot jacuzzi tub. The breakfast was great, with the famous belgian waffles (they even had blueberry), pastries, breads, fruits, yoghurt, and always some kind of egg and breakfast meat (scrambled, fried, sausage, bacon, etc). The staff was very friendly and very helpful. The stay was quiet and just an all around great spot to base my stay in Portland. I will definitely used this hotel again if in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank JG L

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and for all the wonderful things you have listed. All true , I may add ! :)

We are greatly looking forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We were greeted at the front desk by two friendly and knowledgeable young ladies. Our room was handicap accessible one the first floor (103) very clean except for toilet paper stuck in the peep hole. We spent time in the indoor heated pool (could have been a tad warmer) and the hot tub (just right.) Breakfast was ready at 3:30 and the shuttle driver was early at 3:50. A great stay.

Room Tip: 103 is very close to the lobby and pool area. I removed the toilet paper from the peep hole!