“Spectacular Staff and Sensational Stay”

Comfort Suites Portland Airport
Ranked #52 of 141 Hotels in Portland
Halifax, Canada
“Spectacular Staff and Sensational Stay”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

After a mishap regarding check-in days at another hotel, my family and I had to desperately search for accommodations for six over the August long weekend. We luckily came across this hotel and swept up the remaining rooms.
The staff attending to us were absolutely lovely and offered us a discount for our stay. Each of the rooms was spacious and impeccably clean and the beds were incredibly comfortable.
We enjoyed using the pool and breakfast had a great selection.
Fantastic stay, definitely recommended!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We recently traveled to Portland and needed a basic hotel near the airport to stay at overnight. I chose the Comfort Suites based on price, and was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable the bed was! The room was clean and quiet, so we slept well that night. The shower had very good water pressure and there were plenty of towels stocked in the room. The free continental breakfast in the morning was decent - the best thing about it was that it opened really early and there was fresh fruit and yogurt available.

The staff was friendly and helpful at this hotel and for $95, I was a happy customer. Don't expect any extras, but for a basic hotel, it was perfect.

Room Tip: We stayed downstairs near the hallway, so could be noisy if large groups come in or leave, but we lu...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Walla Walla, Washington
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My family and I stayed here July 26 and 27. We found the staff courteous and friendly. The breakfast was okay. The accommodations were what I expected for the low rate we had. But I thought the place was dirty compared to comparably priced hotels where I have stayed. I picked up a cushion from the couch in our room and wished I hadn't! The floors were awful, and the chairs in the lobby area were pretty bad too.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank elaine p
Reviewed July 24, 2012

It was a good hotel nothing spectacular. Last minute reservation with great rate. Very close to our rental car place Budget and to the airport. I forgot to bring a comb called the front desk and they gave me one life savers! Breakfast was ok. The best part was there BED!! VERY comfortable!!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank CElasvegad
Seaside
Reviewed July 20, 2012

The hotel honored an error made by an employee and allowed us to have our pet with us. We were told they were pet friendly but found out otherwise when we arrived. The room was clean but our microwave didn't work and I had to eat my leftovers cold. They did allow us to check out and hour later which was very helpful. I just didn't feel as at home with this hotel as I did with the other two Comfort Suites we have stayed with. I think I'll have to find one that is pet friendly and a little more like home.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Esther L
Fort St. John
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed at this hotel prior to catching a flight. The hotel is an easy 3 star hotel. Room had a king bed and separated sitting area. You could hear some of the airplanes, but only in the background, not enough to keep us awake. We didn't hear any other noises during the night. The only negative was that we had a tough time finding the hotel, as there are a lot of hotels in the PDX area with similair names. The breakfast was about average, but adequate. Yes we would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 1, 2012

This hotel was very quiet, clean, and spacious. I requested to be on the first floor near the lobby and even though it was a last minute request, the front desk person was very nice and she made sure my request was met. I didn't get to try their breakfast since I had to catch an early morning flight o San Francisco, but I got a great discount through my company and I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business