“Totally Gross.”

Ranked #118 of 142 Hotels in Portland
Watsonville, California
“Totally Gross.”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We had a reservation for three nights but located to another Motel 6 after the first night. Pulling into the parking lot, I had the distinct impression that this was one of those motels where down and out locals stay on a regular basis. We had two room and both smelled bad. We left our bags in the car, opened all the windows and left for a few hours. Fortunately the smell had subsided significantly in one of the rooms, but the other room was horrible, so we put as many people as we could in the room that was tolerable. However, the rug was wet in the less stinky room, so you had to dry off your feet before getting back in bed after every time you got up. In the morning they told us that the rug had been washed and that normally they inform occupants of that before they settle in--I guess they forgot to tell us. Regardless, we had the last two unoccupied rooms of the night, so there wouldn't have been much alternative at that point. Maybe they don't need to concern themselves with the comfort of their rooms since they have such a high occupancy rate...
One redeeming feature is that there's a great bowling alley right across the street. We bowled for $10 per person (including shoes) 9:30-12am and had a blast. My husband got his two highest scores ever, so I wouldn't be surprised if he'd be willing to sacrifice comfort for bowling mojo and stay there again (alone!).

Room Tip: Make sure you request a room that doesn't stink and also ask ahead of time whether the rug has b...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Ariel B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Front desk staff informed me I didn't have a room even when I showed my confirmation number.

HUGE ORANGE DOG PEE STAIN that covered half the mattress.

Ask not to be disturbed. They didn't understand.

Paid for wifi password, internet did not work.

Smelled so, so badly.

AND there are TWO strip clubs for you ladies or gentlemen that want to partake in a little strip club/Motel 6 action. Ha.

Room Tip: I don't know. Maybe spend an extra twenty bucks and get a better motel somewhere else? Motel 6 h...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cory D
United States
Reviewed January 31, 2014

The room is large, bathroom clean, AC works, TV with cable, mini fridge. Its one of the cheapest options for a couple or small group traveling in Portland. Less than 10 minutes from downtown. You can hang out in the neighborhood which consists of the Motel 6, a brewery, a strip club, a high school and a McDonalds. It's basically a perfect snapshot of America.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Oregon
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We chose this location because it was a bit cheaper than the Motel 6 near the Convention Center. The room was quite small, but it was neat and "clean". It could have used a good deep cleaning, especially the carpet. The room was a non smoking room, yet it still smelled of smoke residue. This location does not have microwaves or refrigerators in any of their rooms. I knew this ahead of time because I called and asked. Wifi is $2.99 per day as well. Our room all didn't have a bathtub, just a shower stall. This wasn't a problem for us, but if you have little kids that take baths it might be important to know. This location also has an outdoor pool that is open during the summer months.

I've also stayed at the Convention Center Motel 6, and it was much nicer in my opinion. The wifi was "free" and the room was cleaner. I think we'll probably stay in the Convention Center location next time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Erskine
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The welcome was excellent and the advice and service was the same. Unfortunately the room did not match the same level. Very basic accommodation that could do with a through clean and update of the facilities.
Given we didn't pay that much is a bonus.

Room Tip: Try somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Friendly front desk to start. Room and bathroom were very clean, neat as a pin. Quiet and got a very good night's sleep. Went down to the lobby for coffee in the AM and the desk clerk was very hospitable. I would stay here again. The location is very convenient.

Room Tip: second floor rooms tend to be quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NYhitchhiker
Fountain Valley, California
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Will go down as the worst hotel experience I've ever had.
We got the room and when my husband sat down at the table and rested his elbows, it flipped the table top up and almost smacked him in the face! We looked under it and was just held on by one screw, which had worn out.
I had heard stories about how the strippers would bring their Johns back from the Safari Club next door and primarily all the rooms on the right side of the building were reserved for long time stayers and the strippers escapades but didn't think it would affect me.
The mattress was shoved against the wall and my husband was asleep in the corner with the remote hidden under him. All of a sudden I heard a deep male voice in the throws loudly-as if it were in our room. Sounds like a stripper brought back a john. Horrified, I couldn't find the remote under my practically dead husband. I buried my head in my pillow.
The next morning, I tried to forget about the day prior's experience and got up early to get some coffee from the lobby. when I returned to the hotel room, I was mortified to see the flat sheet (which was used instead of a fitted) had lifted to reveal what looked like a murder scene. There at my head was what looked like old blood pooled, and flowing down the side. There was even a dried puddle stain on the floor!!
I immediately packed us up and stomped to the front desk to the woman with 1 tooth and whiskers demanding a refund. She was full of apologies until the housekeeper called her to say it was chocolate milk. Then it was "well, I'll refund you for the 2nd night unused but not the one you used. It was just chocolate milk." I'm sorry, if you are that cheap, why wouldn't you flip the mattress to hide this? I was horrified.
NEVER STAY HERE!!!

Room Tip: Just pay the extra 40 bucks and stay somewhere that has some pride.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple