“Great Value, Nice Place!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport
Ranked #32 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed September 20, 2010

A very nice place to stay very close to PDX. Free airport shuttle departs the hotel on the hour and half hour and will come to get you at the airport when you fly in (free courtesy phone at PDX). I stayed there on two separate occasions and both times were very nice and restful. The breakfast was free and extensive; I did not try their restaurant for other meals. The rooms were quiet with little noise from neighbors.

Be aware that you will hear jet noise in your room from departing aircraft when runway 10 Right is in use (departing to the east) but the noise is much less when the aircraft are landing to the west. Fortunately PDX doesn't handle that much traffic between 11pm and 6am but there is a big rush of departures shortly after 6am so plan on rising early if jet noise bothers you. That really is the only drawback to this place.

The rates were great considering the level of service and quality of the rooms in which I stayed. While it's not the cheapest in the area (there are some that offer rooms in the $55-60 range at the time of this writing), it's worth the extra $20-30. I would definitely stay there again.

Staff is helpful, affable and very nice!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed September 14, 2010

We stayed here on our last 2 nights of our Oregon vacation. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the limited restaurant inside was good. We used the breakfast buffet the first morning, and then got 2 bags (juice, orange and danish) to go on our way to an early flight. We heard no commercial aircraft noise but were startled with jet aircraft from the nearby airbase. However, they were silent before 9pm. It only took minutes to get to the airport to return our car. The room was a great size, the sink outside the bathroom was unusual in a hotel. The internet connection was free, however, the printer in the hotel didn't work so we couldn't print our passes. We would choose this hotel again!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank debee54
Reviewed September 6, 2010

My sister and I met in Portland and stayed here when we arrived. Took the shuttle from the airport with very friendly driver and we were made to feel very welcome when we got to the lobby. The room was clean, comfortable, and quiet even though our room was right next to the breakfast room. Free breakfast was substantial and good. Desk staff were very knowledgeable no matter what we asked and I'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed August 21, 2010

Their website said our "card will be billed 104.62 USD by hotel at time of booking. Penalty applies to all cancellations." We arrived at 8 p.m. They had resold our studio suite, and offered us only a two-bed room at a reduced rate. We needed a suite, but they were all occupied. Had we not showed up, their policy is to charge us the amount that we booked.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank SkiPlayWork
Reviewed August 18, 2010

My wife and I stayed at Country Inn and Suites near the Portland, Oregon airport over a weekend in August while I was there for an interview. There were other hotels that were closer to the airport (2 minutes instead of 4 minutes) but they were quite a bit more expensive. This hotel was clean, modern, well furnished, with pool and hot tub, a great breakfast, and a knowledgeable staff that helped me plan an evening in Portland last minute. The hotel has a 24 hour shuttle that will take you to and from the airport or to the nearest Max train station with only a phone call. I highly recommend this Portland gem.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times in the past and my last stay was no exception to the great customer service I have always received. This may have to do w/their low turnover rate as they same lady has been doing Continental breakfast there for at least 2 or 3 years and I've been checked in by the same people spanning years now. Over all I just love the hotel as well. The work out facility is small but it has everything I like to use such as the eliptical etc. The pool is a blast as is the hot tub. It's always been clean. The continental breakfast is always good, kept clean and stocked. The lobby always has fruit, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, cookies and books! I love the book-it program where you can borrow books and return them at your next visit. They have everything from classics to modern thrillers to Curious George. I would recomend a few more kids books, although I understand they may just go fast. The computer area is nice and I've never had to wait long to use it. The rooms are always clean and fully stocked. I'm just very comfortable there! Love it! Very family oriented.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2010

Boarding the shuttle I was accompanied by four flight attendants -- how's that for a recommendation. Excellent room and service -- check-in and shuttle from and to the airport. NO negatives.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo