“Great amenities and great staff”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport
Ranked #30 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I've stayed at various hotel at the airport. This is by far my favorite. Great amenities, the WIFI had no issues with my VPN, and the staff was always helpful. The restaurant has decent food, it's all American. Freeway access was convenient and cutting through town on Columbia Blvd saved me time during traffic. The hotel is so quiet. There is a field on one side and a golf course on the other. It didn't seem like the strip mall that is Airport Way. I'll choose this hotel from now on.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,198)

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed our last 2 nights in Portland at this hotel. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful, the shuttle was on time and polite. We took the train to the airport after we dropped off our rental car downtown, the shuttle picked us up in 15 minutes to take us to the hotel. So it is a great place to stay and yet have transportation to downtown Portland. The breakfast is a complete meal not just a few grab and to items. It has biscuits and gravy, waffles, bagels, fruit, cereal, oatmeal, scrambled eggs...etc...Our flight on the last day was an early one (5:00 am) and they give you a bag breakfast to go...just an apple, juice and danish but better then nothing. Nice pool and hot tub, coin laundry and a small bar that's open til 10 pm. Rooms were nice, we had a King bed with a sofa and the room was very large and clean. Each room has a coffee maker, fridge and microwave. We will stay at this hotel again the next time we visit Portland.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Brad B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to let others know of your experience with us. We will see you the next time your travels bring you to Portland.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I have stayed at Country Inn & Suites Portland airport several times visiting my daughter. In Sept my daughter got married. I stayed at the hotel 7 days before the wedding and two days after. At different times of that week other family members and guests arrived at the hotel.
From the first day everyone went out of their way to make sure all my needs and needs of my guests were met. Rosario was kind and efficient, the desk staff, Jean, Laurie and especially Harvey went out of there way for us. Andrea was beyond amazing, she made sure welcome bags got to guest rooms, constantly checked to see if anything was needed, and on the day of the wedding saved the day by making adjustments to my daughter's bridal gown. I can't say enough about her. The girls that work breakfast were friendly and efficient. The two woman who worked lunch and dinner were also friendly and went out of their way to make sure what I ate worked with my gluten allergy. Your housekeeping staff was always happy and helpful. Even your shuttle drivers were great...shuttling wedding guests from airport and cascade station.
Our experience could not have been anymore wonderful and I look forward to many more stays as I visit my daughter... PS it would hurt if you had a gluten free cereal and bread on hand and the possibility of scramble egg whites :)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Brad B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you, you were a pleasure to have stay with us. We hope the new marriage is going well and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I recommend this hotel. Our room was up-to-date, clean and comfortable. The hotel has an in-house restaurant and bar. Food was average (don't get a steak) but service was fantastic. It was an extremely hot day in Portland but our room was cool. The hotel is very close to the airport but it was well insulated against noise. The hotel was clean and beds comfortable. Breakfast average. Pool needed cleaning-cloudy water-we didn't swim because it looked murky.

Room Tip: You will need to call the hotel for the shuttle. They will come right away but it isn't on a ci...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Brad B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thank you very much! I am sorry the steak wasn't to your liking. I am glad the service was great. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

What a nice surprise to find this gem on the TripAdvisor list of recommendations. Close to the airport, clean, quiet, comfy, reasonably priced and a friendly staff. The TV channel surfing was almost as nice as at home.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed in this hotel the night we flew into PDX and the two nights prior to flying out of PDX. Accommodations were excellent. The hotel staff including the shuttle drivers were extremely helpful. Mr. Harvey Toles at the desk went beyond all expectations to meet our needs. Breakfast was excellent. The restaurant was also very good and economical.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Brad B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

We thank you very much for taking the time to let others know of your experience at our hotel!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

The bathroom was highly outdated with severe wear. The carpets did not seem very clean. I ordered a steak dinner from the restaurant and it was HORRIBLE and had to send it back. Disappointed but was staying only for an early morning flight the next day.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Brad B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

I am very sorry you felt the hotel needs a updating as we did remodel in 2009. We are also going into another stage of that where I believe will alleviate the thought of needing updating. The wallpaper and carpet is again being replaced as well as some of the furniture.