“It's much better than expectation!”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Portland International Airport, OR
Ranked #30 of 146 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my husband from Dec 18th-21st. I didn't except too much cause it was a 2.5 stars hotel by the airport. But it turned out much better than I thought! The location was convenient, close enough to the airport. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Yes, the building is slightly old, but our room was clean and spacious. The free hot breakfast buffet was really good. There were lots of choices in terms of the food. They also offered free hot coffee and many kinds of free tea bags in the lobby. That was really nice because the weather was really cold.

Room Tip: Ask for king size bed if you prefer bigger bed.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Brad B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Portland International Airport, OR, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thank you and we hope to see you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,229)

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I recently booked through expedia for this hotel. Wanted a park and fly - called exedia to see if they could book this. They put me on hold and came back short to say it was all confirmed. My reservation showed this. BUT get to the hotel for the classic bait and switch. The hotel claims they have told expedia they don't do this and then want to charge you additional for parking. There were three other families checking in at the time that had the same problem -- this is not coincidence!! Then tired and ready to end the day we make the next big mistake and paid for extended parking. When we returned from our trip we call for pickup. 25 minutes later we called again - 45 minutes later we called again and this time demanded to know when the bus would be there. They said the bus was just dispatched 2 minutes ago and didn't have a comment when asked why the bus wasn't dispatched 45 minutes ago!! After finally arriving - turns out there were 3 families needing transportation - all of which had been waiting 45 - 60 min. One of these was an older gal in a wheelchair - forced to wait outside in 32 degree chill all this time. DO NOT USE THIS PLACE - you will pay in ways you would not expect!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Susan M
Brad B, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Portland International Airport, OR, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

I do apologize the guest felt misled but we do not offer a park and fly option through any third party booking site only if you book directly with the hotel. I would strongly suggest travelors always call the hotel directly to get this type of information. We would not tell expedia anything different as they call all the time to get the explanations from us. Also due to a injury to the normal driver I was actually the one driving the shuttle the night in question and I do very much remember the elderly lady in the wheelchair as it was cold that night and I felt bad as they said they had been waiting for some time. I do know I had been through there about three times that hour as I didn't really stop as calls were coming in. If somehow I missed these guests I do very much apologize

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We spend a night here when we flew in to portland airport and arrived at midnight. And in the morning at 8 am we had to start driving to Crater lake so this was a very convinient location to spend just few hours to get some sleep. The hotel was good, with good service and clean and nice room, though we had leakage in the bathroom and the water ran under the door and messed up our shoes and bags, i complained and they just were very happy!! to give me some points.
For a short stay and a place close to airport this is fine other wise I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure your bathrooms are not leaking???
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We have stayed at all kinds of hotels through the years, but our stay at Country Inn & Suites (Portland Airport) was the best. From the reception desk to the friendly staff, we were accommodated with professionalism and hospitality. In fact, the bartender/waitress on duty during our one-night stay was AMAZING. She gave up some of her own free time (after-hours) in order to accommodate us. NEVER have we experienced such warm hospitality in any establishment anywhere else we've ever stayed. And the Inn is beautiful. Nice room, good restaurant, quiet even so close to the airport. We cannot recommend this Inn high enough...but we are certainly telling our friends and colleagues about it!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Convenient to airport & freeways to town. Clean and comfortable, pleasant staff. Restaurant with decent free breakfast, also serve lunch and dinner with full bar. Nice indoor pool & workout room. Would be glad to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Just returned home from Portland where we stayed at the airport Country Inn and Suites. We had an absolutely great stay! The airport shuttle driver was friendly and started off our trip well. We loved the mattress so much we want one just like it for our home ... never slept better! Breakfast room was nicely decorated and all the food was delicious! We could not have been happier and would gladly return.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor and found this very convenient.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed for two nights here, and it was very nice. The rooms very clean, restaurant and bar downstairs, and pretty decent breakfast in the morning. My company usually puts me up in Comfort Inns and Holiday Inns, and this is just a cut above those.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Travelers also viewed these Portland hotels
Radisson Hotel Portland Airport
2 mi away
Clarion Hotel Portland Airport
1 mi away
Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Portland International Airport, OR? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Portland International Airport, OR

Address: 7025 NE Alderwood Rd, Portland, OR 97218-2833 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport)
Location: United States > Oregon > Portland
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
#5 Best Value Hotel in Portland
#13 Family Hotel in Portland
#32 Romantic Hotel in Portland
#36 Business Hotel in Portland
Price Range: $105 - $203 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Portland International Airport, OR 3*
A cozy stay at a comfortable priceJust off the beaten path near the tranquil setting of Colwood National Golf Course, Country Inn & Suites offer a plethora of amenities to make you feel at home. Our friendly and professional staff will take care of your every need. Country Inn & Suites Portland-Airport is the perfect choice for your next trip, out of town guest, group, or event. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Carlson, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Portland International Airport, OR reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport Hotel Portland