“Plesantly Suprised”

Ranked #46 of 139 Hotels in Portland
Temecula,Ca
“Plesantly Suprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2009

We had 2 different stays at the PDX Courtyard By Marriott. Although I enjoyed staying at this hotel our first experience was a bit better than our second but just minor complaints.
Rooms are very comfortable, first room equipped with fridge/micro, extra blanket in closet, nice sitting area with coffee table... all around very nice. Was a bit lacking on second stay...paid same price for room but didn't have fridge/micro, no extra blanket, no coffee table. depending on your reasoning for staying these things may or may not affect your stay... It did mine a little bit.

Overall... very nice staff(especially Toby!) comfortable rooms, nice TV's, Great Internet and good room service and restaurant service!
ONLY STRONG NEGATIVE IS THE NOISE... maids yelling down the hall in the morning, airplanes(its PDX Courtyard I know) Trains going by and traffic on front side of hotel... but in all fairness they do provide earplugs :)

I also stayed in Courtyard in Tacoma Downtown...HORRIBLE!!!!!! I couldn't wait to get back to this hotel...

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank AmberNicole625

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2008

The airport is three miles away from PDX, right on Airport Way. The shuttle also serves the nearby Fairfield Inn. The hotel is relatively new and clean. Unlike other Courtyards, the restaurant is open evenings, including weekends. Just across the street are some mid-priced family restaurants and some small shopping centers. Looks like a convenient place to stay if you don't want to eat at the restaurant but don't want the hassle of having to grab a cab or drive around an unfamiliar area.
Some odd things were wrong with my room. The key did not work; the front desk clerk claimed it had been okay, but they had to go through a few of them to get one to record properly. Luckily I only had to go down to the desk once. I realized that the desk chair was broken (it was stuck in its lowest position). I called to the front desk again and since I was going to the restaurant anyway, I volunteered to wheel the chair down with me. After I ate, they had a new chair for me, which worked and was in much better shape. When I travel I like to stream audio from favorite stations, and especially the day's baseball game. The Internet service in the hotel is completely wi-fi, unlike others where they have wired Internet in the rooms. I should have known something was up when I saw signs in the elevators and elsewhere advising that free PCMCIA cards and bridges were available. I found out why. Service was spotty, and could not hold a connection (wifi in the restaurant was excellent, however). I called down to the desk and they said I could use a “bridge.” They brought it up to the room and handed it to me. It was a wireless receiver that connected to a cable which I plugged into the computer. It did not help. The front desk personnel weren't quite sure about the setup (whether or not my computer's wireless antenna should be turned off or not). So after some frustrating time, I tried to call tech support. I could not make outbound calls on the phone for some reason, so I called to the front desk again, and they called tech support, who then called me. After about a half an hour of the technician diagnosing the hotel's system, he asked me if I had a network cable handy. I always travel with one, and we swapped the cable that was with the bridge to mine, and I got an excellent connection, finally. Most guests would have given up. The next morning, the airport shuttle was efficient and quick. The shuttle has to be reserved the night before, and runs 24 hours a day every half hour.
Overall, I would stay again because the place was clean and well-kept. The annoyances I had on the trip might have been specific to this stay. If you want to be close to the airport, the Embassy Suites and Sheraton are closer, but this Courtyard is just fine and is walkable to some stores and restaurants.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank greybelt
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2008

Stayed here prior to an early morning flight back. Check-in was quick and inviting. Room was very clean and appeared to have been recently renovated and contained a newer LG LCD tv. I parked at the hotel and didn't use the shuttle so I can't comment on it. Overall very satisfied.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2008

We needed to stay close to the airport for one night. This hotel was clean and comfortable while being a great value for money.

• Stayed May 2008
Southeast USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2008

This Courtyard is pretty much a run-of-the-mill Courtyard. Rooms are very standard, not a whole lot frills. The breakfast was rather average, I've had much better breakfasts at other Courtyards.

Overall, not a bad hotel if you get a good rate.

• Liked — Convenient location
  • Disliked — Breakfast quality was on the low side.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
Knoxville,TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2008

Beautifully decorated. Airport shuttle right on time. I have had a better breakfast at other Courtyards.

• Stayed June 2008
New Albany, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2008

We booked a one night stay at the Courtyard Portland Airport so that we could more easily make our 6:30am flight the next morning. The hotel worked very well for that purpose.

The room was clean, well lit, and adequately furnished. Everything worked. The beds (our bed and the sleeper sofa used by our son) were comfortable.

We ran the fan on our HVAC unit, and with that running could not hear outside noises. Check in and check out were very smooth.

I'd stay here again.

• Liked — Convenience to Portland airport
  • Disliked — I had nothing to complain about at the price point.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family