“Gilded at the Lobby Only”

Courtyard Portland Airport
Ranked #49 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Gilded at the Lobby Only. Enter your room and you will be coated in dust! I was so disgusted with this property because of the dust and I unfortunately had to remain in it to the end. Luckily it was only two nights. The management spent all the time on the lobby and they neglected the rooms. I took pictures of the dust and and the poor layout of the room. I have not seen a room designed like this before where the sink is literally in the way. I forgot the take a picture of the shower tile grout which was stained, gross!

1  Thank GaryKlimeck
Dawna R, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

I am so sorry that the condition of your room did not meet with your approval. This is not typical of our guestrooms nor is it acceptable. I will take immediate action to adress this issue so that it is not experienced by another guest. Again, I sincerely apologize. I hope that you will return to us and allow us the opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Stayed here for one night before a 6am flight. The rooms are small and very old. The design was open and appeared very dated. The road noise was intrusive. A suggestion would be to ask for a room facing away from the street. Probably just better to skip this hotel altogether. .. Also, they dropped the free coffee in the mornings. Ugh.

Room Tip: Select a room away from the street.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Dawna R, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Portland. We are in the final stages of preparation for a full guestroom renovation. All of the items you mention will be addressed during this renovation. Once complete I am confident that you would enjoy your stay with us. I hope that the next time you plan to visit Portland you will give us the opportunity to provide you with an outstanding stay.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

This Courtyard is pretty much like the rest. The room layout, at least the one I received was a little narrower than I am used to, but it wasn't unbearable. Instead of the sink being across from the closet there was no closet and the sink was right next to it. I would have preferred to have a closet.

Otherwise the room was clean and fairly up-to-date. Housekeeping seemed to be on top of their game. The food, as well as the service, at the restaurant was good too.

Comfortable bed and my room even had a refrigerator and microwave. I really like when the room has a fridge so I can keep a couple bottles of water in it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad that your stay with us was a good one. We hope that when you are in the Portland area in the future we will have the pleasure of being of service to you.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed here in July 2013 at the beginning and end of a mountain biking trip since this was the location that the tour company uses to meet up with trip participants. The hotel provides convenient shuttle transportation to and from the airport which is great. The staff was very friendly and super helpful. The little restaurant downstairs has a limited but good menu for meals if you don't want to go out. The location isn't great (kinda far from downtown) but you can get the train at the airport. I was able to take the free shuttle back to the airport on my 'free' day to catch the train to all areas of Portland that I wanted to see. My rooms was very clean. Bed & pillows were great and I had a decent size fridge and a large flat screen TV. WiFi was free and it had a strong signal. Overall this is a good hotel for stop overs in Portland if you need easy access to the airport.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Dawna R, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience! I am delighted that we provided you with clean, friendly, comfortable accommodations during your visit to the northwest. We hope to be your hotel of choice should you return to our fair city. It was a pleasure having you with us.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Shuttle from/to airport is convenient, but a bit of a drive to downtown. Staff friendly and helpful. Check-in was fast. Room clean and comfortable, although seemed a bit outdated. Woken by false smoke alarm at 4AM but otherwise good stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Dawna R, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

I appreciate your review. Thank you for sharing with the TripAdvisor community. We look forwrd to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Great place to stay if you fly in late to PDX, or need to leave early in the morning. Shuttle driver was prompt, courteous and friendly. Front desk clerk was professional and friendly. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Dawna R, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Lobby was updated, rooms were not. This place has horrible surrounding traffic. Close to a major freeway entrance that everyone is trying to get on. No free breakfast. Dining options are limited if you don't want fast food. Far from city center. Clean rooms, easy going staff.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dawna R, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thanks for your post. We have experienced delays in renovating our guestrooms, however we should begin the process very soon. The traffic you experienced was worse than normal and I am sorry if that created an inconvenience for you. The city is in the process of constructing a new on-ramp to help with the congestion. We are looking forward to its completion. Additionally, dining options can be limited if you do not have a car, however, we offer a fantastic selection of items in our Bistro, including Steak, Seafood and Pasta. Next time you are with us stop in and give us a try. It would be our pleasure to be of service to you in the future.