“Excellent as usual” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #86 of 138 Hotels in Portland
Eugene, Oregon
“Excellent as usual”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

I have to jump in here. My family and I been stayed at the Hospitality inn many times for over past 10 years. I just read the review by the person who gave such a scathing report. Just for the record, this establishment is one of the cleanest Hotels I have stayed in. The person making this report must be OCD or worse. I doubt if any Hotel would meet this yahoo's criteria. I have been to the Hotel at least 30 or more times and it has always been supper clean. The house keepers are meticulous. We have on going hospital visits to Dornbecker's Children's Hospital and will always be coming back to the Hospitality Inn. Their service and hospitality is unparalleled. The clerk named Jeff that was mentioned along with the other staff at the front desk are the nicest and most helpful, caring people I have ever met in a Hotel. Who ever this guy is that reported this ridiculous report must have been a real piece of work if he had a problem with Jeff. I would recommend reading the other reports from other guests who mirror my comments and disregard this persons warped opinion. Keep up the great job Hospitality Inn, I can't recommend you high enough and thanks for being there always for us.

Room Tip: Their rooms are all new Sealy Postur-pedic pillow tops and are really comfortable. Their flat screen...
3 Thank D M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

We had a very nice stay at Hopistality Inn.
The staff was super friendly.
The room was clean, with everything we needed for our kids and us: bathtub/shower, microwave, tv, highspeed internet. The kids enjoyed the hot tub, too bad it closes at 10pm.
The breakfast was very good with great waffles!
Considering the price we paid, $79/night for 4 people, it was a cheap and nice experience!

1 Thank yoannfromparis
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

My mother-in-law arrived for a visit and we took her to check in at the Hospitality Inn where she had booked a room six weeks prior. The Inn is conveniently located just down the street and we had used it before for our guests without any problems.

When my mother-in-law attempted to check in, she was told that despite placing a reservation for their handicapped accessible room six weeks ago, the room had been given to someone else. My mother-in-law is partially disabled and required an ADA shower. The clerk, "Jeff," offered us another room and let us inspect it. My mother-in-law examined the shower and was satisfied that she could use it. She and my wife returned home and left me to check the room for bedbugs. Jeff asked what I was doing and I explained I was going to examine the room. He demanded to know what I was examining, and I told him I was checking for bedbugs. He exclaimed that the hotel housed overflow from Doernbecher Hospital and OHSU. I told him I knew that but I examined all hotel rooms before using them.

I found the bed in poor shape. The covering consisted of a sheet with three parallel tears atop a covering and two more sheets under the covering. I pulled back the sheets to examine the sides and discovered the bed consisted of a king-sized mattress balanced between two twin-sized box springs. I scanned along the box springs and discovered several wide brownish stains that looked as if someone had failed to clean off blood and simply smeared it around. (see photo)While examining the box springs I also discovered the carpet was peeling off the wall.

Taking a closer look at the coverings I found several dark red pinpricks resembling bedbug discharge along the edge of the cover. (see photo) After finding this I went to the lobby to speak with Jeff. I asked him to take a look at the bed and he followed me back. When I showed him the stains, he became defensive and yelled again that they housed overflow from the hospitals and that they washed all bedding according to requested health standards. I told him that yes, that would kill bedbugs in the sheets but they could nest in the box springs, behind the headboard and in furniture. He then told me that there was nothing he had that could possibly meet my standards, rudely told me he was going to cancel the reservation, and left the room.

I returned to the lobby. Jeff then shouted at me telling me that in ten years at his job he hadn't met anyone as insulting as I was, even though I had been more than polite in my interactions with him. When I tried to explain my concerns, he said he didn't care and that I was an embarrassment. I said, “So much for customer service.” He responded, “None for you.”

I asked that he give me a receipt for the refund and he told me my mother-in-law would have to return to claim it. I contacted her and told her of the situation and that I would wait for her. Jeff ignored me for a while and then decided to void the transaction to get rid of me and give me a receipt for that. I took the receipt, told my mother-in-law to wait and left.

All Jeff had to do was replace the stained and torn bedding and my mother-in-law would have been satisfied with the room. Instead we were forced, at 6 p.m., to canvass the area to find another place for her to stay, one that was more expensive, and is too far away for her to walk to our condo to visit.

Due to the poor service, attitude, and signs of possible bed bug infestation I would not recommend this place to anyone ever again. If you are sent here by one of the Portland area hospitals I would ask for other recommendations.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank PickedWrong

Travelers are raving about these Portland hotels

Portland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Accommodation was very good (better than expected) and staff attitude and service were most pleasing. The breakfast provided was first-class and most appreciated. thanks for a very satisfying stay in Tigard!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Vilena Dee M
Rogue River, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

our family of 5 just recently stayed there for three nights, we went up to portland for a Shriner's hospital visit. Usually we stay in at the Homestead suites in Beaverton which goes by the name of extended stay now - and we will definitely not be going back with them anymore, I really loved the stay we had at the Hospitality Inn -- the room was clean, the bathroom and bathtub were clean, they had a light free breakfast every day that we were there - free homemade waffles!!!! They also have a hot tub/spa pool -- we unfortunately forgot to bring swim clothes to go in, but looking into the spa room it looked very clean. And, the thing i most appreciated was their very comfortable pillow top beds and pillows which weren't squeaky at all --- there's nothing worse then traveling with a baby, finally getting the baby to sleep, and then going back to bed and have it squeak all over the place and wake the baby up -- I HATE THAT !!!! :) The Hospitality Inn is definitely the hotel we will be going to when we stay in Portland. Oh--- and just to let you know, they are also close to pretty much everything -- Washington Square mall was only a few minutes away, and the Shriner's hospital only took us about 12 minutes from the hotel. I'm so glad we found them!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Brookings
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

After reading some of the reviews, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. But the clerk at the front desk was very friendly, and the room was neat and clean. I didn't even think that the furniture was dated. I had an appointment at OHSU the next day, and we were pleased that they had a reduced fee for people with doctor's appointments. The only two things that I can't mark excellent are: 1. The bed had a pillow top, alright. But the mattress underneath it was a bit hard. 2. I would have liked a hard boiled egg on the breakfast menu. But overall, the place is a great place to stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in November 2013 as it was situated close to the Oregon School of Massage where I was attending a course. The reception staff were very helpful in terms of local supermarkets, public transport and restaurants. Although located on a busy road, I had requested a room on the car park side (away from the restaurants) so slept very well as it was quiet. The bed was comfortable and the room was large, and even though a little dated, the room was clean and functional. It was a great location in terms of the restaurants surrounding it, so being without a car, this was very convenient. Breakfast was included and I must say the waffles were easy to prepare and delicious. There was even a choice of fruit (bananas and apples), bagels, cereal, and breads.

Room Tip: Request a room on the carpark side away from restaurants.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jan M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portland
Aladdin Inn and Suites
Travelodge Portland City Center
Portlander Inn
Portlander Inn
#85 of 138 in Portland

Been to Hospitality Inn? Share your experiences!