“Very Poor”
Review of Banfield Value Inn

Banfield Value Inn
Ranked #109 of 141 Hotels in Portland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I moved from las vegas to portland for school and this was the place I choose to stay. The extremely over priced and horrible smelling room was only accented by the rude front desk hostest(short, thinner, with dark brown hair) who refused to give me the address(when called to get for a friend to pick me up) to the motel,told me to have her google it, then had the nerve what I want it for?! hi, the guy that just paid 385 to stay in your dump and allow you to set on your butt being a miserable shrew... I wouldnt recomend this place for an ultrmax prison facility....stay far..... far.......away. portland is an amzing city aside from this pit.

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank bocca702
Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed August 3, 2013

For $145.00 the room was in terrible shape. Only a sheet on both beds. Pillows were from past guests. No hot water in the morning for 4 people to take a shower. People dumpster diving right by our room pulling out garbage. I would never stay in this hotel ever again.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Joyce E

Travelers are raving about these Portland hotels

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Awful, awful, awful. Pictures are NOT what you get at all. Rooms are shabby. My room did not have towel racks, hair dryer, headboard, trash can, coffee maker, nightstand nor table. Furniture was old and tired. No pool. Grounds unclean. Poop and cig butts everywhere. Attendant could really care less. Maid service did not freshen room. Room stank during my 3 day stay. Promised arable but none arrived. I did finally get a remote for the TV after nagging about it. Paint was stained. Bathtub was stained. Night blinds on window looked as if it were peppered with shotgun blast. After 1/2 hour the motel was visited by the police looking for someone. Walls are paper thin and neighbors on all sides very loud until late into the nights stayed. Only thing missing was "do not cross" crime scene tape. All this without offering nor accepting any price break for compensation for such a shoddy motel and lousy service. NOT STAYING HERE EVER AGAIN!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here. There must be better value somewhere in Portland.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank D F
Castro Valley, California
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My first impression was that it was not a safe hotel, so asked that under no circumstance any one be allowed in my room that was with a night desk person at check in. The next morning I went to the desk and again stated my request for no maid service. The room had dirty blankets & bedspread, shower was moldy and a piece of jewelry missing I went to the desk they said the maids did not speak English so it wasn't their problem. The fact is maids went in my room when told not to. I have filed a police report the place is run by thieves
!

Room Tip: Don't go here!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank doloreschesterburke
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Ok let's start out this way, there are several people staying here that are here on an Agency voucher, such as those waiting for an apartment or to get a family off the street so be aware of that but all in all it's a fairly quiet place. There is a train that rumbles by frequently, but it does NOT blast it's horn. It's right near the on ramp to the Freeway (I-84) heading WEST and the the ramp heading East is nearby.
This motel, as well as another by the same owners has been graciously hosting the entire residency of a 10 story apartment complex for Seniors and Disabled people for many months as the building under-goes a total renovation (2 floors at a time) and they have been very
accommodating to their needs so in that aspect and the kindness of the staff to even create ramps for scooters or wheelchairs I give them an extra 1/2 star to that makes it a 3 and 1/2 star rating.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 33 for the month they were renovating my apartment and it was a quiet room. It'...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
seattle,wa
Reviewed March 29, 2011

I used the Priceline "name your price" deal for a Portland hotel and was given this one. Upon arrival, we were offered a room that was a former smoking room; however, we declined that and were given the room next to it -- room 58, and I was charged $20 more per night. It was a Friday night, and they were completely booked too. We went up to the room and found gashes in the dry wall, the shower did not look like it had been cleaned in months either. One of my friends who is an apartment manager in Seattle, immediately stripped the bed of it's sheets and examined for bed bugs and fleas, and found feces and shells of bed bugs, which meant that the motel has bed bugs. The room also reeked of cigarrette smoke. We went downstairs, asked that the extra $40 transaction be voided and complained about how unsanitary the room was, and even showed the manager. We called back the next day and another employee asked us what had happened and said that the manager had just put a note that we found the beds unsatisfactory, which doesn't even cover the problem we had with the room. I would not recommend anyone stay here. I have filed a complaint with priceline and encourage you to find a room somewhere else even if you have to spend a couple more bucks.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
11 Thank hikerchick7
PDX_Hotel_Service, Guest Relations Manager at Banfield Value Inn, responded to this review, April 7, 2011
Dear hikerchick7:

We wish to express our appreciation to you for taking the time to share feedback about our property. We were disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with the room you were provided. We believe that each one of our guests deserves to stay in a room which is both clean and comfortable, and we regret we were unable to meet your needs on your recent visit to Portland. We hope that you will choose to return to our exciting city in the future even if you will be staying somewhere else. We thank you again for your review.

There are a few points we would like to clarify for our TripAdvisor readers:

Priceline guarantees a smoking room and offers the option of requesting a non-smoking room if one should be available. However Priceline does not guarantee a guest will receive a non-smoking room.

Like most hotels we charge according to room occupancy. The reservation we received from Priceline indicated that the guest had requested a room with a single bed for two adults for two nights. It is our policy to charge a per person per night fee for any additional guests. Since at check in there were in fact four adults and not two it became necessary to assess the extra $40 in charges. They were also given a free upgrade to a room with two beds to accommodate the extra people.

When the guest expressed dissatisfaction with the first room they were checked in to we moved them to a new one. Unfortunately they did not find the new room to their liking either. Since the hotel was near capacity that day and we had no other rooms onsite to move them to we offered to transfer the guest to our larger suites property a short drive away at no additional charge but they elected not to. The guest chose to leave and was given a full refund.

After receiving a complaint of bed bugs the property management immediately had our contracted pest control service out to the hotel to do a thorough inspection. When the technician arrived he went over the room inch by inch and couldn’t find any evidence of past or current bed bug activity. We asked him to do a proactive treatment of the entire property anyway as a precaution.