“peaceful and comfortable”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Everett Street Guesthouse
Ranked #4 of 36 Portland B&B and Inns
NYC
“peaceful and comfortable”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I was in Portland to attend a very hectic conference and it was wonderful to have this quiet place to return to. I stayed in the cottage which was well stocked with everything I needed. There's a really pretty deck but unfortunately it was raining during my stay so I couldn't take advantage!

• Stayed March 2014
terry r, Owner at Everett Street Guesthouse, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Thanks so much, and hope you can return to see more of Portland next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Riverside, CA
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Stayed in the cottage; was fantastic. Well-decorated, well-appointed, clean, quiet, centrally-located, and with an adorable little garden area to eat breakfast in every morning. Loved it, and hope to stay again on our next trip to the city.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bremerton, WA
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I recently stayed here for two nights while visiting my brother. I found Terry, the owner to be very friendly and willing to provide information about neighborhood restaurants etc. She's an engaging individual. My room was very clean and well-appointed and the bed was very comfortable. I liked the fact that there was a TV in the room, as that's not always the case in B&B's. There was also a joint-use laptop in a nearby shared guest room...or I could use my own laptop in my room. You have the option of having breakfast or not...$10 more for breakfast. I didn't have breakfast, so cannot report on that. Parking was no problem for me on one side of the street or the other. Over all, I enjoyed my stay and I'll likely return.

Only thing that I didn't particularly care for: a number of reminder notes in the room and shared bathroom asking that we do/don't do certain things. Made me feel a bit like a Catholic school student who didn't know any better. And though it wasn't specifically pointed out to me, I read in the B&B overview in my room that no food or drink was allowed in the room because spills might happen. That's the first time I've run into that. It would be nice if one could enjoy a glass of wine or other drink privately at the end of a day without going downstairs to the dining room to enjoy it. I've never owned a B&B, so don't pretend to know how big of a problem this might be.

Room Tip: If you can afford the difference, go for the larger of the two rooms upstairs (the one at the back o...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Lim48
terry r, Owner at Everett Street Guesthouse, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
In defense of a few notes and no beverages upstairs, I will just say that with over 200 folks coming through my home a year, there have been a small percentage of incidents that have led to having a few rules in my home out of necessity. I don't like rules anymore than the next person. But having to totally re-carpet one guest room and my hallway and stairs, due to 2 different guests spilling coffee all over the rug and the walls, resulted in $2500 in damage which I certainly couldn't charge to the guests. I only have 2 guest rooms in my house and am not a hotel. With hand-made rugs in most of the rooms, I just feel I have to keep coffee/tea and wine to the dining room. I know how much folks would love to take their coffee or tea or wine up to their rooms, but it's one of the ways I can insure not having to replace carpets over and over. I hope it didn't ruin someone's stay and most understand the nature of the request.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My husband and I stayed there for 2 weeks so we had the opportunity to try the Inn and the Cottage, and we absolutely loved them both. I highly recommend this property, the house is bright, clean and beautiful, and so is the cottage. It was a pleasure getting to meet Terry and her generosity. She made us feel so comfortable as if we knew each other for years.
Besides all that the house is a walking distance to great restaurants and shops in this cute neighborhood in Portland. We are looking forward to staying there again. Thanks Terry!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
terry r, Owner at Everett Street Guesthouse, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Really enjoyed having you both and learning about your new business. All the best to both of you and hope to see you again on your next trip to Portland.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Staying at the Everett Street Guesthouse was a delight. My husband and I booked a room to be near our daughter's apartment, but this guesthouse won us over far beyond convenience. We stayed there during the Thanksgiving holiday and the large, crackling fire in the fireplace (in the common space) was a pleasure I enjoyed each morning and afternoon. I'd relax listening to a selection from Terry's classical music, or savor the novel I was reading while enjoying a cup of Terry's chai tea, or, a few times, talk with Terry about literature, the surprises of Portland and, in particular, this lovely, quiet neighborhood. The bedrooms and bathrooms were immaculate and well-appointed, and the ethnic art throughout the house was so enjoyable to observe and study.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hamilton, Montana
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Although the entrance to our guesthouse's cottage was a bit daunting (a dark garage/storage area), the cottage itself was clean, bright, quiet and came complete with its own patio. I would stay here again. The proximity to great little neighborhoods and nearby restaurants is, in my mind, what Portland is all about.

• Stayed January 2014
Carrollton, Texas
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Everett Street Guesthouse. I was impressed by how well everything is organized; every last detail is thought out. Very comfortable rooms and beds; great breakfast; central location. House is very nicely decorated with interesting art from around the world. WiFi, TV, tv/dvds. Excellent value, very reasonable for what you get. Highly recommend. Thanks Terry!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
terry r, Owner at Everett Street Guesthouse, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thanks Tim...enjoyed having you!