“Clean, quiet getaway in the middle of the city.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Everett Street Guesthouse
Ranked #4 of 33 Portland B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Although the entrance to our guesthouse's cottage was a bit daunting (a dark garage/storage area), the cottage itself was clean, bright, quiet and came complete with its own patio. I would stay here again. The proximity to great little neighborhoods and nearby restaurants is, in my mind, what Portland is all about.

• Stayed: January 2014

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Everett Street Guesthouse. I was impressed by how well everything is organized; every last detail is thought out. Very comfortable rooms and beds; great breakfast; central location. House is very nicely decorated with interesting art from around the world. WiFi, TV, tv/dvds. Excellent value, very reasonable for what you get. Highly recommend. Thanks Terry!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
terry r, Owner at Everett Street Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Thanks Tim...enjoyed having you!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We spent three nights over Thanksgiving week-end and had a lovely stay. The B&B is close to several bus routes and you can even walk downtown if the mood strikes you (takes about 30 minutes). The neighbourhood feels very safe.

The house is comfortable and well appointed for guests. Terry's breakfasts were delicious, with an emphasis on quality over quantity (though there was definitely enough food served).

We really could not have asked for more and I would not hesitate to stay here again!

Room Tip: We stayed in Sophie's room. The other room is a touch closer to the bathroom (if that matters to...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
terry r, Owner at Everett Street Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thanks for your review--really enjoyed having you both as guests and look forward to your return.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

My first time to Portland and I couldn't have picked a finer location--Just minutes away from many of the main districts and attractions. The Guest House itself was extremely nice, clean, safe, and well managed. I stayed in the Cottage which had all the amenities you would need to make any stay comfortable, and even though you don't get the formal breakfast while staying in the cottage, Terry has yogurts, cereals, coffee and teas for your use. All in all, it was a very welcoming stay. On a side note, my taxi was late to pick me up for the airport, and Terry was willing to go out of her way to take me had they not arrived in a few minutes time---not everyone would do such a thing!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I've been visiting my granddaughter in Portland for 4 l/2 years and finally made the plunge to have my own nest. Staying at the Everett Street Greathouse was a perfect choice. Only 3 miles from my son's house, it is nestled in a beautiful, safe, quiet neighborhood close to every kind of Portlandia kind of shop and coffee shop one could want. Close to the bus line too, which I'll use next visit. The cottage is securely located, beautifully appointed, extremely clean and comfortable. Terry graciously provides some starter snacks and drinks, and the kitchenette has everything one would need to stay for an extended time (wish I could!). The bed is perfect, as is the shower and everything else provided to make this beyond comfortable. I hope Terry's cottage will be my Grandma Nest for many years to come (with another grandson born a week ago, there's twice the reason to visit Portland!). I'm a B & B owner myself, in Twin Lakes, CO, and know a great place when I see one. Thanks, Terry.

Room Tip: I'm sure Terry's guest rooms in the house are just as nice - but if you want total privacy o...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Denkeepers

Thanks for your review--enjoyed having you here as well.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I have stayed in many bed and breakfasts throughout the country, and the Everett Street Guesthouse is one of my favorites. The inn is lovely, filled with art that is varied and original. It is exceptionally clean and has lots of cozy places to curl up with a good book. Terry even has books all through the house if you forget yours. Having just two guests rooms rented out means it is always quiet and sharing the bathroom is no problem at all. Also, you have real conversations with the other two guests as you enjoy Terry's exceptional breakfasts. The house is located so conveniently, with movies and restaurants near by as well as just a few minutes across the Burnside Bridge into the heart of downtown. As a single woman, I feel very safe in the neighborhood and always can park right in front of the house. I have visited Portland for years, but once I found the Everett Street Guesthouse, I always stay here.

Room Tip: I have enjoyed staying in both the Wellfleet Room and Sophie's room. Sleep very well at this B...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the cottage in the back. We loved it! It was so cozy. Terry has thought of everything to make your stay great from all the variety of teas, delicious coffee, travel books, on and on! My husband really enjoyed hanging out on the deck and relaxing after all the walking we did. The location is perfect! It's walking distance from so many restaurants and since its in a residential area, it's quiet and parking is easy. Wish we could have stayed longer and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
terry r, Owner at Everett Street Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

So glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you'll be able to come back again. You definitely lucked out with such good weather! Terry