“I loved it and I hope to come back”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Everett Street Guesthouse
Ranked #4 of 35 Portland B&B and Inns
port stanley
“I loved it and I hope to come back”
Reviewed July 4, 2011

The location was convenient for me, within walking distance of my destination. Bus routes to other destinations were convenient and great assistance in using them was provided by my host, Terry. Terry has created a lovely, interesting and artistic environment that is both calming and inspiring. She is a very gracious host, VERY helpful in getting to know Portland and in addressing needs as they arise. The breakfasts are FABULOUS. I felt like royalty.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Twin Falls, Idaho
Reviewed June 16, 2011

We used the Everett Street Guesthouse as our base for visiting friends and family in Portland. Terry provided a hearty, healthy breakfast each morning. We stayed in the Wellfleet Room, with the bed tucked into a bright window-lined nook. I enjoyed browsing through the books and added a few to my "to-read" list. We had no problem with sharing the spotless bathroom with the guest in the other room, and there is a half bath downstairs for guest use as well. Terry pointed us to several good restaurants within walking distance. The Wi-Fi was strong and reliable. Sophie kept us from missing our kitties back home. It seemed like every time I turned around I saw another print, photo, or other detail. And as promised, there were no teddy bears or bowls of potpourri! :)

Room Tip: Wellfleet is closer to the bathroom.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IdahoPug
Reviewed May 9, 2011

This lovely guesthouse is located in a quiet residential neighborhood, but just two blocks from a fabulous choice of restaurants and interesting shops. The owner is a delighful person and an excellent cook! The home is immaculate and very tastefully decorated with textiles and interesting objects from around the world. Lovely deck and garden to enjoy in good weather. I stayed in Sophie's Room, a large and very pleasant room facing the street. There's also one other room (even larger and more delightful) upstairs, along with a shared bathroom and common room with refrigerator, computer, reading materials, etc. All told, a quiet, comfortable and elegant place to stay. Those allergic to cats should be forwarned that there is a cat (that's Sophie) who spends time in the house but is not allowed in the guest rooms upstairs.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank swood43
Reviewed May 8, 2011

My husband and I took a long weekend in Portland to celebrate my birthday this year, and we stayed three nights with Terry at the Everett Street Guesthouse. The house is beautiful, it's gardens smelled great, and the neighborhood is fantastic. We stayed in the Wellfleet room, and while you share a bathroom with the guests in the other guestroom, there is only one other guestroom, so it's not a big hassle. The bathroom is spacious as well. Our room was perfect, lots of space to relax and pile all of our stuff from our shopping adventures. Terry is charming and detail oriented, and her breakfasts were delicious. She doesn't serve 4 pounds of food which you feel obliged to eat since she went through the effort, rather, she serves a reasonable, filling, and tasty breakfast. And breakfast was different each day. Tea is available at any time as well.

The location of the guesthouse is worth mentioning since it seems like it is far out of downtown. Once we arrived at the guesthouse, we didn't use our car again until we were leaving town. We walked to downtown and we also walked around the neighborhood, for it is worth the attention. There are MANY fantastic restaurants, cafes, shops, (cheap!) movie theaters etc., just a few blocks away. The locals have pride in their homes and their gardens and I thoroughly enjoyed my morning walks checking out everyone's yard!

If you are headed to Portland, I highly recommend this guesthouse.

Room Tip: book early!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 18, 2011

A girlfriends' getaway brought us to the Everett Street Guesthouse. I had found the website;saw the photo's ,and read the reviews: yet I still underestimated what a great place this is. The location was easy to find, with generous parking on the street.The house is very clean! The vibe is inviting and relaxing, surrounded by an amazing art collection and the scent of delicious breakfast each morning. Terry, the owner is a warm and generous host with a wealth of information on things to do, as well as the best places to eat.
I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank jipsee57
Reviewed March 21, 2011

My friend and I stayed here when we were attending a yoga workshop nearby - and I was also visiting my son. We come every year, and this was the pleasantest place we have found yet. The style is elegant and unfussy. The bedrooms are comfortable and well-appointed. In fact, the whole house is very elegant and filled with interesting and attractive artwork. It is on a quiet street close to plenty of good restaurants and an easy drive to downtown. Terry (the owner) obviously takes pride in keeping her place spotless and well-organized. She served a delicious breakfast, and accommodate our need to be up early one morning by leaving food in the refrigerator.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank givemabreak
Oakland, CA
Reviewed January 28, 2011

I'll keep this short since there are so many wonderful reviews and it is WAY overdue...

The Everett Street Guesthouse is small, charming, comfortable, impeccably neat (wish I could have Terry keep my house that neat!) and you feel like you're staying with a wonderful sister or aunt. Terry is extremely accommodating, winderfully warm & friendly, and will be happy to chat (or not, at your discretion) with you over your morning coffee and delicious homemade breakfast about all the things to do and see around Portland.

We stayed in the main house and lucked out as we were the only guests that weekend so we didn't have to share the upstairs bath, but I doubt that would have been much of an issue as you're really only around for a few hours a day. Terry also showed us the newly built back cottage (detached) which was really charming and had awesome heated floors - we'll be taking advantage of those next time we're up in P'land during the fall/winter!

The bedrooms in the house are large and have none of the frill of your "typical" B&B (love that aspect of it!). Just a comfortable room with a super comfortable bed (cozy jersey sheets & lots of pillows) and some add'l seating.

If you're headed to Portland and don't need to stay downtown, give the Everett Street Guesthouse your time, weary bones and travel dollars. It's a sweet deal on a great spot to crash!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple