“Serious espresso”

Ranked #44 of 108 Coffee & Tea in Portland
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Northwest District
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband is always searching for well made espresso to start off his morning, and this place, a five minute walk from the Park Lane Suites and Inn where we stayed, became his go-to morning place. Surpassed his high standards. Good apple turnovers, too.

There are newer reviews for Coffeehouse Northwest

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I recently spent two weeks in the Pac Northwest (Portland, Seattle, Vancouver) and this place not only had the best latte on my trip (and I drink A LOT of coffee) it was the best that I've ever had. Just incredible!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

In two weeks throughout the northwest, I would say this is the best coffee I had. The baristas were nice and made great drinks. I stopped in here several times over the trip and was never disappointed.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Limited menu but great espresso. I had my usual Americano and a yummy apply turnover. Staff was friendly and not snobbish, and there is nice seating in the front window for people watching.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Thank you again Hotel deLuxe for referring us to this coffee establishment. Great atmosphere inside - hardwood floors - looked like old farm tables, great windows and directly across from Starbucks. I like Starbucks, but why, when you can get better locally brewed coffee. Excellent late with the most delicious breakfast - a very narrow baggett with prosciutto and cheese all wrapped up in this beautiful paper and tied in a string. I've never been to Europe, but that's what I imagine it to be like. It was delicious - wish I had some now.