Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

from $149.00
from $69.00
from $139.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 4, 2017 via mobile

The tour was so worth it ! The guide was fun and informative and it was only $5 per person! The tasting at the end was great and we stayed after to have a full glass of some of what we tasted !

Gift shop also had a good selection!

Reviewed April 17, 2017 via mobile

Everything was great, from our server to our meal to the beer. Just a really good place to go. So glad we did!

Reviewed March 28, 2017

I heard that Widmer Brothers have tours of their Brewery. So I decided to check this out during the work week. I figured that there would be less people going on a tour during this time than over the weekend. During the work week there is only one tour during the day at 3 PM.

I arrived round 2 PM with an hour to kill. So I walked down to the corner of N Russel and N interstate where the door of the Widmer Pub is located. Had a drink and a bite to eat. After this I returned to join the tour. The cost was $5. The tour lasted about 45 Min.

Their were a total of six people who went on the Brewery tour. The tour guide was very informative. She told us all about the building and the Widmer Brothers and how they became involved in Brewing. After the background details concerning the brothers and how they started out in the business she took us through the brewery.

We were shown the equipment involved as she filled us in on the brewing process. The steps involved in the making of beer. We started in the Malt Silo area where lots of grain is kept. Next we went into the front room next to N Russel– the Mash room where there were several huge, round silver, mash tuns stood– all in a row. This room was very warm and where the mashing process takes place. I was told by one of the workers that this room is even warmer during the summer months, like in August.

The next room we went into was the Hop room. In here they keep the hops. They are in small pellet form. And the room is a bit chilly. A big change from being in the warm Mash room.

We walked into the final area. The room where the tall silver fermentation cylinders rose up from beneath the floor up to the high ceiling. The formation cylinders are about two stories tall we were told. So what we saw must have been just the top half of them.

Finally, we sampled four different beers. We were handed small glasses with which to drink the samples of beer with. Bigger than a shot glass and mush smaller than a pint. Interesting little glasses with the Widmer Brothers Brewing logo on them. The glass measures about 4 inches tall and 3 inches in diameter. The beer we sampled were Drifter Pale Ale, Crystal Gayle Goschie that has a citric taste to it, an IPA with a peach aroma to it called So “Quatcha Want, and a Double IPA called Bru-Tilicious, an Imperial Indian Ale that is about 8.7% alcohol.

After we had sampled the four beers and the tour was over, our tour guide told us that the sampling glasses were our to keep as a souvenir. I went over into the gift shop. They had the very same glasses for sale inside for $5. Well, that was nice. And easily paid for the tour.

The tours are conducted seven days a week. Group sizes are limited. And reservations are required. You can stop inside the retail shop like I did. Or call 503 281-2437 to reserve.
Monday through Thursday at 3 PM
Fridays at 2 PM and 3 PM
Saturdays at 12 PM, 1 PM, 2 PM, and 3 PM
Sundays at 1 PM, 2 PM, and 3 PM

The closest Max Light Rail stop is the Albina/Mississippi stop on the Yellow Max Line.

Reviewed January 16, 2017

Unlike the winery's that are located in the beautiful country sides the brewery is located in the city. First impression was I have never seen so many large stainless tanks. The tour cost only $5.00 each unlike the $25.00 each at the winery. We are not beer drinkers but thought this is a new experience. The tour guide was a very experienced young man that gave us a good history in beer making, the place was clean, we got to taste different beers and also keep the glass.

1  Thank VioletG716
Reviewed February 17, 2016 via mobile

Just around the corner from the customer I was visiting. Boy did this turn out to be a pleasant surprise for lunch.,was greeted quickly with a beer sample. Great view of the bridge and the brewery out the window. Opted for the chicken schnitzel with fried spätzle.mon the side was zucchini and carrots in a light butter. OMG what a grit meal. A bit much for lunch but I devoured every morsel. Got $5 off at the gift store and bought a great stainless growler which I quickly filled at 5PM after my customer visit.,only 10$ and no tax here in Portland. I love this place!

Reviewed June 8, 2015

The brewery has been growing over the years and the facility is deceptively large now. The tour is OK, pretty plain vanilla compared to Sam Adams or Goose Island for example. The tour ends with some samples in a tank room, no frills like seating. A moderate experience that will satisfy beer aficionados but may not be very exciting for the typical tourist. Pro tip - closed toe shoes are required for the tour.

Reviewed May 6, 2015

The title says it all... been to the tour 2x and were impressed each time. Good info on the beer brewing process, with the best part at the end of the tour. Free sampling of 4-5 beers, with souvenir shot glass to keep. You do need to make reservation for the tour in advance in case it is full, especially weekends. After that, go have a meal at the pub opposite the brewery, they serve good food with nice atmosphere.

1  Thank GrOmit-y
Reviewed September 23, 2014

Eh, it was okay. Cool facilities. I'll give them that much. But our tour guide was snarky and pompous. Maybe they were going for a quirky, blunt approach? But just came off as rude and uninformed unfortunately. Also, in the tasting room they didn't have any seating so everyone just awkwardly stood around. Was not very accommodating. If there intention was not to give seating to move us along, mission accomplished!

Reviewed August 25, 2014

I booked a brewery tour about a week before my trip to Portland, and am very glad I did. The tour was short, only about 45 minutes, with most of the tour time being the tasting at the end. We got to see the main production facility for the continental states, and sample four 4oz beers at the end. Getting to keep the glass, the $5 tour charge was very fair. Afterwards, we went to the connected brew pub for some nice happy hour eats. We were even offered a free taste of something from their extensive menu. Beer lovers should definitely visit.

1  Thank HimeNoHogosha
Reviewed February 3, 2014

The tour was very interesting! Our guide was fun and let us actually hold and smell different hops. The tour itself was pretty short, but well worth the time. Some of their brewing equipment is insane!

2  Thank Kelli M