“Friendly -- but slow -- service, great beers!”

Bridgeport Brewery and Brewpub
Book In Advance
More Info
$69.00*
and up
Portland Brewery Bike Tour
Ranked #31 of 448 things to do in Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: Pop in for a pint at the oldest microbrewery in Oregon.
Hollywood, CA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Friendly -- but slow -- service, great beers!”
Reviewed August 8, 2007

I went here with a group of friends in August of 2007. The bartender made some good beer suggestions (I arrived early and had a beer while I waited.) I tried the Blue Heron (their lightest and sweetest house beer), and I was not disappointed. We had reservations, so we were seated promptly once the rest of the group arrived. The building itself has great architecture -- high ceilings, metal catwalks, exposed brick and wood beams, piping and vats used for brewing, etc. Our young server was friendly, but once our order was taken, she didn't return to the table soon or often enough to get refills, add'l drink orders, etc. -- a major pet peeve. I had a personal pizza -- it lacked enough sauce and it had a nondescript spicy flavor -- I'd give it a 5 out of 10. Also, we had walked to Bridgeport from another part of town, but the surrounding area is currently undergoing major construction, with several roads closed -- good luck driving there and parking!

1 Thank freebiegrabber

San Diego County
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Beer a hit. Restaraunt is a miss”
Reviewed November 30, 2006

The pizza in the restaraunt was really good-a few years ago before they renovated the restaurant. What used to be a cozy NW brepub is now a trendy, modern thing. The food is not so good, especially the pizza. The beer, however, is still amazing. I recommend going for beers but go somewhere else for eats.