“nice hotel, the cop security sucks”
other traveler has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
DanW133
Austin, Texas
“nice hotel, the cop security sucks”
Reviewed 1 week ago for a stay in July 2018

This hotel was perfect for what we needed. The place was clean , nice and quiet. The only beef I have is the security cops that are in the building are unpleasant and it's not because I don't like cops. They just assume you are trouble. I walked in with my backpack and the guy starts questioning me and asking if I was a homeless person. he was like 20 questions , when I just wanted to get to my room. Once my wide and daughter came in he finally let it be. The next few days I would get cold looks almost like I wasn't welcome. even my daughter was asking me about it.

so yeah that has little to do with the room , but it was the environment that I had to endure to stay here. as far as the room it was marvelous, the bathroom was spotless. The check in and out was great, I would stay here again. don't let my cop experience decide it for you. I kind of rolled it off, after traveling all over the world I have had my share of experiences and this is small potatoes, I just thought I'd leave my feedback for fellow travelers.
Best part of this place is the coffee show right up the road called ovation coffee. get the pistachio latte and come back and give me a helpful vote latter :)

Tracy W
“Very minimal place”
Reviewed May 13, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

Couch sits opposite tv location. Had to move it to watch tv. No side tables
in living room. Only one kitchen light. Had to take a lamp out of room.
Was clean. Small place. Location was great. Building quiet
Parking a real issue. Meters.

Your age range 50-64
Rodd G
“Excellent location and unit to explore beautiful Portland. Can't wait to get back to one the greatest cities!”
Reviewed February 8, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

What an excellent home base to explore Portland. More breweries and restaurants to chose from it made our heads spin. The unit was clean and comfortable for our family of 4. Will return again for sure.

Mar 12, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations. Thank you for choosing our property and we look forward to welcoming you back.
DancingTr...
London, United Kingdom
“Nice views/space, unwelcoming front desk & residents.”
Reviewed September 6, 2017 for a stay in September 2017
people found this review helpful

We were excited to have a stay in Portland from traveling overseas to see THE eclipse! Block 17 is very nice, but many times I heard many different residents at different times complain about Stay Alfred guests. I met a few residents near the lobby and asked if this has been a problem, and an older couple stated it started before summer and management never mentioned about Stay Alfred to its residents. According to them, the majority of residents are extremely frustrated that their home is now a viewed as a hotel. We also heard the front desk leasing agents also complain to the residents that Stay Alfred folks have been frustrating to deal with too! I want to feel welcomed by the Block 17 front desk representatives. That is not how I want to feel unknowingly renting out a vacation rental in a apartment/residential building. The grills upstairs were very difficult to work and dogs barking in the building were a bit of a headache. Otherwise, the views were great and location was amazing.

Your age range 35-49
Feb 1, 2018
We would like to thank you for making us aware of the issues that you encountered during your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize for these problems and assure you that it is not a good representation of what we want to provide to our guests. Thank you for choosing our property and we hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we may provide you with a much better experience.
Colleen M
“PERFECT in every way!”
Reviewed September 4, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
people found this review helpful

Block 17 Portland condo is a beautiful unit and the building amenities are terrific. The views are incredible, especially from the rooftop. Within walking distance to restaurants, breweries & shops. Easy road access when venturing out of the city.
We will definitely stay here again!

pimentelm...
Portland, Oregon
“Great”
Reviewed August 12, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

Great place staff great and the place was top notch. The place was very nice the view was awesome had a wonderful stay

Aug 22, 2017
Thank you so much for your review! We'd love to host you again!
souven
Los Angeles
“clean but unfriendly experience, no parking”
Reviewed August 8, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
people found this review helpful

The two apartments we rented for a college reunion were ready on time and clean. There was ample space, but no parking and the apartments felt more corporate than we would have liked. Not the vibe we expect in Portland. But the real problem is the hostility of the full time residents in Block 17. Twice we were insulted for being short-stay renters. There is some serious resentment in that development over Stay Alfred's presence. After the second encounter, we felt like everyone was monitoring us - a very quiet and respectful group of adults.

Aug 9, 2017
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your stay in Portland with us. We are very sorry about your experience with the residents in the building. We understand how situations like this can make you're the whole trip uncomfortable. We will be looking more into the situations with the current residents in hopes that we can repair this relationship so future guests are not affected. We sincerely hope that you will consider staying with us again. We're currently located in 14 cities across the US and all return guests receive a 10% off discount on all future stays.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing