“Fantastic ”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 1, 2019 via mobile

Not only is the food authentic Italian but the service is fantastic. Wine selection is great. I will visit here every time I visit Portland

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed March 24, 2019

This is a buzzing and friendly Italian situated in North East Portland.
It has a wood-fired oven situated if full view of dinng area which means pizzas are a specialty.
A recommended appetizer to share is Salame e Formaggio, which comprises a collection cheeses and salamis.
The Pan Seared Halibut itself was excellent. However the accompaniment of snap peas turned out to be under cooked green beans which somewhat spoiled the dish.
For dessert the Affogato, ice cream with espresso coffee was delicious.
Service was very good - shame about the under cooked vegetables.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 11, 2019

The prosciutto and mushroom pizza with egg was delicious and provided leftovers for the next day's lunch. My husband and I split a wonderful beet salad but didn't have room for the nummy-sounding desserts. Attentive server who was willing to split our check into 4 different ones as this was a business dinner. Charming, friendly neighborhood ambience (bordering on a bit loud--would not recommend a Friday evening if hearing is an issue). We had one vegan, dairy-free person among us--she was very happy with her meal as was almost everyone Only one person thought his linguine was "okay."

One fun side-note: there's a lovely garden/plant shop next door, open until 6. It's a mini-gift shop as well. Plan your time there along with a reservation at Lucca!

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed January 2, 2019 via mobile

Attention all you foodies and travelers alike,
This is the best place to eat early dinner and a fabulous happy hour meal with family and friends both times! Eclectic modern flare throughout the dining rooms. Modernized full bar, and beautifully decorated dining room, and seating by large windows. Italian style decor. Totally family friendly.
Reservations are available ahead of time by open table. Service was above and beyond both times. My personally favorite days were with my cousin, Crystal, then the next day after with our lifelong friends of my moms we did the same restaurants happy hour. The Mccall's.

Our server Guillermo, made our first happy hour in Portland so fun, entertaining and amazing! Loved how he knew who I was first name basis...because I was there at the same place the night before. Also, he drove our happy hour meal and we ended up with tons of food! This is my happy place!
Excellent service, food and wine, especially for the fact they have my two favorite wines. The montepulciano steth and Pertucco Sauvignon. Both at the top of this wine lady's list. Did I need to say more? Homely and beautiful!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 9, 2018

I had the amazing beet salad for lunch at Lucca's. The service was great too. The menu had a great selection and very reasonable prices.

Date of visit: November 2018