“Very basic”

Ranked #116 of 141 Hotels in Portland
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Very basic”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Like the other reviews suggested the place has a cheap feel to it and is just by a strip joint.
But it is cheap..
I had a quiet experince. My room and bathroom were reletively clean and i got good service.
Breakfast was very basic: coffee bagels and fruit.
It is 5 minutes driving from downtown
Recommended only if you are on a very tight budget.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I got bedbugs very badly after staying at this hotel. The non-smoking section is a joke. The bed, sheets, furniture and curtains had a strong smoke odor. When I complained they said take it or leave it . They weren't giving refunds. By the way they charge a few bucks higher if you are a female, so if you are looking for a deal and are with a male, have him make the reservation. There is no swimming pool.

Room Tip: A male and female couple own this hotel. Tell the woman clerk that you saw her teenage daughter in...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jane S

Travelers are raving about these Portland hotels

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Worst experience of my life. Rooms were disgusting, the front desk kid was rude, their hot tub is gross and small, the breakfast is english muffins, and apparently they can't even print receipts. When I called to have a receipt emailed (because that's what the girl who checked us out said to do), the kid said the manager doesn't work weekends, so call back Monday. I asked if he could just email the receipt then, and he hung up. If this place was free, it wouldn't be worth it.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Avoi
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stay here for our monthly business trips and find it consistantly clean and comfortable. The staff is always friendly, courteous, and willing to help if needed. There is no reason for us to pay more for a different hotel when everything we need is here. I can always count on the room to be clean and staff available. Location is great for any Portland adventure. They continually up-grade the rooms even though they are great the way they are. I feel safe when I stay there alone and am glad we found such a clean & affordable place to frequent.

Room Tip: I prefer the freeway side as the new air conditionar/heater drowns out any noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Cathy R
Shady Cove, Oregon
Reviewed May 4, 2012

This is my second stay at the Rodeway Inn. The owners remembered me from my previous stay last summer. They were very gracious and automatically upgraded me to the same room I'd stayed in before with no price increase. I didn't even have to ask, they just wanted me to be comfortable.
The housekeeper, Maria, was awesome. She noticed I wanted to turn on the heater and without hesitation reached up, removed the filter, cleaned it and showed me how to operate the unit.
The breakfast bar was well stocked with juices, cereals, fruit and pastries.
The rooms were clean and I felt secure staying at this location especially since I was traveling alone. I couldn't beat the convenient access to the freeway and access to Cedar Mall for dinner and shopping.
I was pleased with the service and would definitely stay here again. With my Triple AAA discount the room cost about $50 (includes taxes). If you are on a budget, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed March 3, 2012

-Stayed 7 nights
-Place looked old & run down when we arrived.
-No iron in room as advertised - had to go get one at front desk
-Terrible breakfast with no eating area. Juice, coffee, toast, individually wrapped pastries.(that's it)
-Strip club next door, this worried us when we arrived, but we had no problems during our stay related to it
-phone in room didn't work
-felt like I was interrupting the desk manager every time I went to ask about something.
she was always in the back room one time she wouldn't answer when I rang the bell, so had to call the motel form the lobby phone.
-Very noisy heater/air conditioner
-6 lane freeway about 75 yards form our window with a light rail train that ran between it and the motel.
-I had to buy earplugs to get any sleep at all.
-one day our room was not cleaned, trash emptied, or dirty towels replaced.
-Did have a nice frig and microwave
-Bathroom wasn't too bad
-phone in our room did not work.
-I think the Owners live here, and put as little as possible into their business. They weren't rude, but didn't really make me feel welcome either. They are foreign, and sometimes I wondered if they understood what I was talking about when speaking with them.
-We didn't hear any noises from any other rooms, and saw very few other guests, even though the parking lot was pretty full every morning when we left.
The TV did work
-Rates are low, that is one of the few positives of this place, If you're picky about your motel rooms, don't stay here. We only used it as a place to sleep & shower. Out early every day and back late each night.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2012

The staff was horrible and very rude. Rooms had idems from past guest left in them windows are so cold heat dont stay in.the room.accross from had the.cops called on them at 1am then knocked ourthers guest doors and when asking for a refund because i was kept up all night they refused and wouldnt give me theor names. When calling to ask.their.names they hung up on me. And i was told she was the owner manger and only person working.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank sscott24
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portland
Shilo Inn Hotel & Suites - Beaverton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland West/Beaverton
Portlander Inn
Portlander Inn
#85 of 141 in Portland

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites Portland? Share your experiences!