“not to be missed”

Petite Provence
Get food delivered
Ranked #23 of 4,485 Restaurants in Portland
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Located in the heart of the Alberta Arts District, we are proud to offer epic breakfast, lunch, and brunch, along with tasty libations with local flair in this happening neighborhood. Come in to see us today!
Reviewed June 24, 2016 via mobile

have had brunch and lunch in this delightful restaurant and have found it to be a delight. in my most recent visit for brunch the food was mouthwatering and beautiful. however our server won the day for exceptional effort and accommodating ways - his exceptional service was the icing on the cake.

Date of visit: June 2016
Write a reviewReviews (371)

Reviewed June 23, 2016 via mobile

We love a meal of small plates of goodness shared with a few friends and a glass of wine. Petite Provence in the eclectic Alberta neighborhood is perfect for that at lunch or dinner time. Save some room for dessert, because their pastries are as good as their appetizers, entrees and salads.

2  Thank bjgard
Reviewed June 11, 2016

When my wife and I walked in, we had no idea how the place was oriented and nobody offered a table or direction, and everyone else that walked in had no idea either so we all stood in an awkward clump for a long while.

One of the best croissants I've had outside of Paris. All the pastries were great but
the food was not as consistent and the service was sketchy - our server had not much in the way of grace and didn't seem to want to be there.
He came up and distractedly asked," What do ya want?" Then, all of our order came out all at once to our little table (very quickly, to our surprise). The pork-cheeks were good, but a little bland, the frites were perfect, and the salad with cauliflower and red cabbage was OK.
Then, we couldn't our server to come back, so we decided to get the check as soon as we could and get our deserts at the to-go counter. It wasn't that crowded (a Thursday night).
So, I guess it's a little too French-authentic without really good food to back it up.

We would go back only for the to-go pastries

Reviewed June 4, 2016 via mobile

I'm from Portland and so much has changed since I moved away. I was in town for the weekend and my friend said we had to try this restaurant for breakfast.

My breakfast was simple but very tasty. The butter croissant was delish and I sampled my friend's omelet...great. I will definitely return. There were so many other things I wanted to try but no room in my tummy. :)

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed May 14, 2016

Whether you go for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner you'll be rewarded with some great food and good service at very fair prices. The pastry selection is wonderful and worth the visit by itself. Breakfast is awesome and the dinner menu includes tasty entrees as well as "Petite Entrees" which are small plates like Tapas. Tip: Leave room for dessert.

Date of visit: April 2016