“Good - but not sure it's #1”
Review of Petite Provence

Petite Provence
Ranked #53 of 4,292 Restaurants in Portland
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Dallas, Texas
“Good - but not sure it's #1”
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Portland is a foodie city.. Petit Provence is very very good - we did breakfast: croissants were absolutely outstanding, so were omelettes and side vegetables. But I just don't see this as an overall top spot because cuisine seems focused on early morning foodies or brunch and there is so much more to this city .

2 Thank MSLovell

Houston, Texas
“An unforgettable breakfast”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

What a way to start off our last day in the Pacific Northwest. I just knew I had to get the salmon hash, as I hadn't had a taste of the animal while in the area and it was way overdue. It did not disappoint one single bit. With eggs over easy, the yolk blends with the lemon-dill sauce, the leeks, the hash browns, and the salmon to make one of the greatest combination of breakfast flavors ever. The salmon is smoked to perfection, to the point where you just don't miss the bacon (assuming you're like me and deem it sinful to have baconless hash). And if it seems like too salty a breakfast, remember you get an asteroid-sized croissant with a delicious strawberry jelly to go with the whole thing.

And I cannot praise the service enough. The hostess was gracious and attentive, and our waitress was simply phenomenal. The way she helped my indecisive brother arrive at a choice was impressive, as was her attention to detail and genuinely great disposition.

I wrapped up the meal with a salt-and-caramel macaron. Definitely among the more flavorful and textural macarons I've had -- it reminds me of a kind of marzipan my mom used to make with condensed milk when I was a kid.

It was a good breakfast. And a tremendously affordable one, too -- I'm sure most of us have paid twice and three times the kind of money a plate costs here for significantly lesser meals.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Disappointing”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We went for an early lunch during the week, 11:30, but service was so slow it was almost 12:30 before we got our order. I had the restaurant's signature Murette Benedict, a bastardized version of eggs Benedict. As I love eggs, caramelized onions, mushrooms, bacon, and Burgundy, I thought this dish would be sensational. Alas, it was HEAVY, and served with more heaviness - provencal potatoes and butternut squash. (When I mentioned to the waiter that a salad would have been more appropriate, he said just ask for the substitution. Who knew?)
My companion had the quiche du jour which did come with a salad. A fruit tart for dessert was dry.
However: Petite Provence has a small branch at the Portland airport, where we grabbed a wonderful sandwich before a cross-country flight. It almost negated our disappointment with the restaurant.

1 Thank ChrisABeaune
Hartford, Wisconsin
“Excellent, healthy breakfast”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

If you're looking for amazingly good food that's good for you in a fun atmosphere, visit Petite Provence in Portland. I was there for Sunday breakfast and lucky enough to get in before the waiting crowds. Started with refreshing iced tea followed with the Daybreak breakfast - scrambled eggs, thick crispy bacon, roasted potatoes and butternut squash with likely the best croissant I've ever had. More importantly, service was exceptional - even with a packed house - and my order came exactly as I'd requested. If you go, go early and enjoy!

Denver, Colorado
“Terrific for breakfast!”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Our family stopped by this darling French bistro on our way out of town for breakfast. The atmosphere was great and the crossants were heavenly.