Aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station
$299
  • Breakfast included
$199
$193
All reviewscascade stationbliss productsred robinbuffalo wild wingsw hotelportland airportlight railfree parkingwalk in showerlobby baran early flightindoor poolsliding doormax lineflat screenrental carfitness center
Reviewed December 20, 2009

I just want to thank all of the Aloha desk associates at the Aloft Portland hotel!! I come to Portland at least one night if not 2 or 3 nights a week. Aloft is my home away from home! She and her fellow Aloha Desk mates always remember my name and treat me as though I am ROYALTY!! Masha recently took the time to make sure that I had received all of my award points for all of my stays. The extra look helped me achieve my EARNED Platinum status. I am in the RETAIL business and I value people like Masha who truly care about their customers!

I recommend your hotel to all of the people who travel with and for me!
Thank you Masha!!
Your Customer service is second to none.
Dawn Baker
QFC Field Merchandiser
[--]
[--]

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
ALOFPAGM, Assistant General Manager at Aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2009

Dear Ms. Baker,

Wow! Thanks for the great comments regarding our property. I certainly recognize your name as you are most definitely one of our most frequent traveler's. We really appreciate your business and are so glad we have developed such a great relationship with you and your company in such a short period of time.

I'm so pleased to hear everyone at the Aloha Desk makes you feel so welcome and special with each visit. Certainly with all those stays, you want to make sure your visits are properly credited with SPG. After all, loyaltly has it's benefits. It's great to know Masha was willing to assist with the process. She certainly represents the Aloha Spirit of Aloft well, as does the rest of the team at the desk.

I look forward to seeing you again at the property. As always, if I, or any member of the team, may assist you with anything to make your stay more comfortable, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Warm regards,

Reviewed December 20, 2009

I recently stayed at aloft when visiting Portland for a convention. It's right near the airport, which was nice, but not very close to downtown (although the train does stop right out front). Aesthetically, it's quite impressive. The LED bar was a nice touch, and the courtyard looked cool, although it was raining when i was there. The front desk staff was very nice, and got me checked in quickly. There was one girl working (I think her name was Marsha or Masha..?) who was very helpful and gave me directions for using the max and recommendations for things to check out downtown, The rooms were simple, but had everything i needed. Overall, 4/5 stars. I'd come again, but wish it was a bit closer to downtown.

Dear Mcrouton,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Aloft Portland with other travelers. We appreciate your comments/feedback!

I'm so glad you liked the Aloft Concept. Your mention of some of the great amenities which make Aloft unique within it's market segment are just what we were hoping would resonate well with travelers...the W xyz Bar, our "backyard", and the great music which is very much a part of the Aloft vibe.

In addition, we pride ourselves on our unique Talent. Masha, the Aloha Desk agent you mention in your review, is a great example of the "sassy, savvy" characteristics our Talent represent. I'm pleased your interactions with our team were "attentive"!

I hope you will consider us again on a future trip to Portland. Although we are not located downtown, we do feel we bring all the elements of a downtown, vibrant, "boutiquey" property to the airport area and, as you mention, downtown Portland is just a hop, skip and a MAX Ride away!

Cheers!

Reviewed December 19, 2009

Nice to see a hotel so hip and modern at the airport with a very friendly host (Paul) at the front desk. Needing to get up at 4:40 and going to sleep at midnight I was nervous about my wake up call. It was nice to get a personal verification from Paul ensuring I was up and on my way in the morning. Nice quality touch.

Dear BenjaminMS,

Thanks for the review of our property. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with other Tripadvisor users.

It's so great to hear your visit to the property was comfortable and an "easy, breezy" experience, in particular, your interactions with one of our Moonlight Manager's, Paul.
When you have an early morning flight and you are running on little rest, it certainly can be worrisome wondering whether or not you will make it. That's what we're here for!

I hope you will visit us again in the future when your travels bring you to the Portland area. Should you need any assistance, please don't hesitate to let me know if I may assist you.

Thanks again for the kind comments!

Regards,

Reviewed December 14, 2009

Our room was very clean and the bed was so comfy I wanted to bring it home. 24 hr indoor pool was a huge plus. I will stay with them again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
ALOFPAGM, Assistant General Manager at Aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2009

Dear Jasmoplus,

Thanks for the great comments! Your mention of the signature bed, 24hr indoor pool and a "fun and friendly place to stay" are just some of the amenities which we are proud to call Aloft.

Aloft is the new tWist in travel and we certainly do things a little different. It is not uncommon to walk in to the property for a hotel room and experience interactive trivia, live jazz, a national recording act doing an acoustic set in re:mix (our unique lobby) or an arist's reception (where we host and feature a local Portland artist's work).

We love what we do and hope it transmits to our guests. I'm so happy to hear your first experience at Aloft Portland will bring you back in the future. I might also mention, if your travels are taking you to other parts of the World, check us out...we're popping up everywhere...anytown, anywhere.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 11, 2009

Excellent front desk service, very friendly atmosphere, "A home away from home".
Employee Paul Newton showed a great sense of hospitality. I wish employees of other hotels are with similar drive.

Dear Technip,

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your comments regarding your visit to Aloft Portland.

I am so pleased the Aloha Desk team was showing the "aloha spirit" on the night of your visit. In particular, Paul Newton. Paul is definitely a great representation of the "sassy, savvy" Talent we pride ourselves with at Aloft.

I sure hope we will get an opportunity to see you again in the future. Should you need any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Once again, a sincere thanks!

Cheers,