“Modern hotel-Good value for Money”

Aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station
Ranked #45 of 142 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Vancouver, Canada
“Modern hotel-Good value for Money”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

It is a surprisingly modern hotel that is reminiscent of a hip European or Asian boutique hotel. It is even more so surprising considering that it is located in the suburbs of Portland. The gym and pool are open 24 hours a day and there is no extra charge for your furry friend to stay, although you will be limited to staying on the ground floor, where privacy is limited. However, considering that other hotels typically charge for pets to stay, it is a trade off I was happy to bear with.

Green Features: I love that you get rewarded with a credit or SPG points by declining cleaning services. You get credit per day you choose to not get your room cleaned.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Crystal S, Manager at Aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for staying with us, Vattie! We are so glad you and your furry friend enjoyed your stay! We appreciate you taking the time to write us a review and hope that we have you with us again soon!

Hope you are having an easy, breezy day!

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Seattle
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I enjoy this hotel as it has a youthful vibe to it and is near PDX airport and offers long term parking on flights to Asia.

It is also outside of metro Portland which given the traffic these days is no small thing, especially at rush hours - easy access to I5 and Seattle.

Also as a Washingtonian Cascade Station is good place to do your duty free (as it were - no sales tax in OR) for large purchases at Best Buy and such.

The hotel itself is still relatively new, but starting to show a little age. That said their standards are very good and for the price it is quite reasonable.

Room Tip: No way to escape jet noise as it is right on the flight path, but the rooms are pretty much sound pr...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Greetings Craig! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! It sounds like the location worked out great for you!

Thanks so much for writing us a review and we hope you make it to Portland for another visit soon!

Roseburg, Oregon
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Wonderful hotel experience. Very clean room, friendly staff. We brought our small dog and they treated him like a king! Everything was first rate. Sleek and modern, close to shopping and restaurants. I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Pick an even numbered room to look out over the shopping center
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Crystal S, Manager at Aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you so much for writing us a review Stephanie! We are so glad you and your furry friend enjoyed your stay with us! It sounds like your liked our vibe and we hope that you get a chance to stay with us again soon!

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed March 23, 2014

What an enjoyable and refreshing hotel experience! This was my first stay at Aloft, but will definitely not be my last. The design is beautiful - modern, clean, comfortable but just chic enough to stand out against any other hotel near its price range. These guys have thought of everything and all the 'little touches' were so great. Snack bar, media converter box to hook your electronics into TV, it is literally a stones throw from the train line (30 minutes to downtown!) and they have biked you can rent to cruise on while you are down there. As other reviews have said, whatever scents they pipe in to lobby area are perfect!! smells amazing! Pet friendly and they have pet beds and dishes for your furry guys. Everyone working at the hotel was incredibly helpful and all smiles. I will surely recommend Aloft to anyone travelling and honestly can't wait till next stay.

I only wish they had Hawaii locations!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Crystal S, Manager at Aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review SBA808! We are so happy that you liked our sassy, savvy, space! Portland is such a bike friendly town and we're glad you got to take out one of our bikes to explore!

We hope you get to come back and stay again soon! We look forward to your next visit!

Thanks again!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Hotel is conveniently located near airport with shops and restaurants in walking distance. Staff is super friendly and helpful. Property well maintained. Very pleased with my stay. Will be my hotel of choice when staying in this area.

• Stayed March 2014
Crystal S, Manager at Aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Hello Crawfowm! Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We are pleased that you liked our property and our super friendly team!

We can't wait to have you back with us! Thanks for staying with us!

Houston
Reviewed March 5, 2014

My last Aloft experience in another city was not great, but I had decided to give the chain another shot, primarily based on reviews I read here on Trip Advisor. I'm very glad that I did, since this property appears to be run considerably better than the one in Tempe.

Given the fact that this is an airport hotel, the location is extremely convenient to the airport (stating the obvious) but it is also convenient to downtown Portland as it is only about a 15-20 minute drive. Airport hotels typically don't have the nicest views and this one is no exception, but when you stay at an airport hotel you should know that you are sacrificing vistas for convenience. In addition to being just a few minutes to the airport, the hotel is right in the Cascades shopping center which has quite a few chain restaurants, a Starbucks, and a large number of stores. Portland has no sales tax, so if you're a shopper that could be a nice perk.

I was extremely impressed by the cleanliness of the hotel. All common areas were spotless, and housekeeping did an outstanding job cleaning my room - they didn't miss a thing. The housekeeper even left a nice little handwritten note on my bed to let me know that my linens had been refreshed. A nice touch. I should also note that the room doors are the heaviest and sturdiest doors I have ever experienced in a hotel and definitely make you feel safe.

The front desk staff was very friendly. The lounge area is open and has a nice bar and even has a pool table. There is a nice indoor pool and fitness center.

The working area (desk) in the room is great and has MANY outlets for charging the multiple devices that I carry when I travel.

If you have never stayed in an Aloft before, make sure you read the other reviews about how the rooms and the hotel itself differ from most chain hotels - it is designed to give the impression of "a loft" apartment - it takes a bit of getting used to - read the other reviews - it's not bad, just different and some folks may prefer that style.

One of the few reasons this hotel didn't get 5 stars from me is because the bed is not overly comfortable - it's not that it is UNcomfortable, but I think because the bed is low to the ground and does not have a box spring it is not as comfortable as those in Sheratons, Westin's, etc..

All in all a great stay and I will more than likely be back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your detailed review Carol! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. It sounds like you like our sassy, savvy, space! We take great pride in our property! Our housekeeping team goes out of their way to make sure everything is spotless!

We hope you get a chance to stay with us again soon!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I have enjoyed my stay in the aloft. It has a friendly atmosphere, nice room, a very friendly staff (Tiffanee & Cheryl), and the convenient location. It is a walking distance to restaurants, shops, public transit, and 10 mins to/from the airport. I will look forward to my next stay in an aloft hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms are clean.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Robart E
Crystal S, Manager at Aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you so much for taking time to recognize our front desk talent team! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

We really appreciate you taking the time to send us a review and we hope to have you with us again soon!