“Nice choice by airport”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Greensboro,NC
“Nice choice by airport”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

This location is near the airport and probably 20+ minutes from downtown Portland. This is my second stay at an aloft (other one was in NJ) and they were setup about the same. Room is pretty cool looking, comfortable and clean. My rate came with breakfast which was freshly cooked and pretty good.

Took the drive to downtown Portland and ate at Rogue Ales Pearl District - a brew pub. Beer was and pub food were OK - have had better. There are a few restaurants in walking distance to hotel if you don't want to drive.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Crystal S, Manager at Aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, bubbafb! Thank you for your review! i will pass along your accolades for breakfast to our kitchen! We hope to have you with us again soon!

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Great location for our mini-pdx vacation. The nice thing about Aloft's is that they are the same the world around. Our room at PDX was identical in every way to our room in Brussels last December. The hotel is easily accessible to I-205 and the airport. There is lots of shopping close by as well as a max line into the city. The hotel is newish and looks nice. The rooms are good quality and a decent value. The Wifi was quite poor and we ended up being moved to a different room close to the elevator which improved the signal tremendously. Before the move we had been on the phone with the IT desk for almost an hour before being hung up on. The front desk clerk quickly moved us and even gave us free breakfast for our trouble. A very satisfying result. The pool and workout room was nice although we didn't utilize it. I would definitely recommend the hotel and would stay again.

Room Tip: Close to the elevator if you want good WIFI.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for staying with us Jason M. I want to apologize for your Wifi signal not being strong enough your room and want you to know this information has been passed along to our IT department for follow-up. It sounds as though your stay was great otherwise and that you like our sassy, savvy style!

We hope to have you back again soon! Thanks again!

New York City, New York
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We stayed at the hotel due to the great price and comfortable amenities. I cannot rave enough on how friendly the staff is and helpful. The hotel itself is not close to the city but there is transportation readily available and close by to get you to downtown Portland and the airport.

The hotel is modern, fun, and exceptionally clean. I definitely recommend it!

Shout out to Charlene on the Re:fresh team who made us feel at home and helped us feel at most comfort.

Room Tip: Ask about phone reception for your mobile phone. If you have ATT some rooms are more ideal than othe...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Crystal S, Manager at Aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you for your review Deyvis! We do our best to provide excellent customer service! Charlene is an awesome team member and we are so lucky to have her. She was so pleased that you appreciated your experience with her.

We hope you get a chance to have you with us again soon!

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I stayed at Aloft for 2 nights while visiting Portland with another family. Both families stayed on the 5th floor, I did not have wifi signal but the other family had decent wifi signal. I knew the lack of wifi signal was due to the location of my room relative to the router location, I called the front desk request a room change as it was very important for me to stayed connected for work. The front desk told me I had to be connected to the tech support department to "trouble shoot" before changing room, I didn't quite understand why guest had to trouble shoot the wifi issue when there is no signal to begin with and why do guest had to spend the time to fix the hotels wifi problem. After I was connected to the tech support, the phone kept beeping and was disconnected after 10 min. of "trouble shooting" due to bad battery on the cordless phone. I was so frustrated, I just took my laptop to the lobby instead at midnight. The next day I requested a room change, again I was told to trouble shoot and did not offer to change room. If wifi is important item for your hotel room, make sure you had a plan B as this hotel doesn't deliver what they promise!

Room Tip: make sure your room can receive wifi signal if wifi is important for you.
1 Thank pwinsea
Thank you for contacting us pwinsea. Your feedback is very important to us. I want to apologize personally for the issues with your WiFi connection not being handled as you would have liked. I would appreciate it if you could contact me to discuss the issues with your WiFi further.

Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We so enjoy this techno, trendy hotel. We always enjoy a drink at the bar in the lobby. There is a pool table and live entertainment on Friday nights. You can order a snack too. The train stop is right out back, so you can take a train into downtown or down to Clackamas mall if you want too. It is an airport hotel, so planes do go over from time to time.

Green Features: There is a bin for re-cycle, which I like to see! They have dispensers for soap and shampoo in the showers to eliminate the waste of all those little plastic bottles.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to write us a review OutdoorBoomer! Sounds like you had a chance to enjoy Wxyz and the location of the property!

We hope to have you with us again soon!

Moscow, Idaho
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

We came to portland for a event, and we decided to stay at the Aloft. The rooms are nice and clean. I really love the shower heads. Another positive feature is that the hotel is less than 200 yards from the red max line. However, I didn't like that I had to find a place to plug in the microwave, seemed kinda hokie. Nevertheless, for a place with holiday inn express prices, but with a trendy swank bar, the Aloft is a no brainier. I will be back!

Stayed December 2013
Good evening, Ali! Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We really appreciate your feedback. I am sorry that your microwave wasn't plugged in upon arrival. The room should have been ready to go for you. I will follow-up with my maintenance department to be sure that this doesn't happen again. It does sound like the rest of your stay was great though!

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have you back with us again soon.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

We drove up from California for the holiday weekend. As we knew we would be pulling in late, we called to confirm our reservation, and to let them know we wouldn't be pulling in until after 1:00 am. (holiday traffic in CA meant for a late start). We were told it would be fine.
We pulled in at 1:30 AM, and the front desk person proceeded to give us a hard time as they were trying to close out their till. Really? The room was pre-paid.
The room was fine. Nothing special, but adequate for our family of 4. Kind of small for a standard room. FYI - if you have small children, there is no tub, just a shower. It's a modern style, and I can see where people like it. Overall it was clean and fairly comfortable. The location is good with a lot of stores and restaurants close by.
Unfortunately, there are a lot of great options in the area for less money. There is nothing to draw us back here. After 12+ hours driving and a late arrival, the last thing we wanted was a snippy front desk person. We just wanted to check in and sleep.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Crystal S, Manager at Aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us. I want to apologize for your welcome not being as warm as it should have been. It sounds like our night auditor was running the night audit process on the computer which makes him unable to check guests in or out during that time. Your feedback is a great learning tool for our front desk talent and I will follow-up with our team to be sure that all guests are welcomed to our property properly.

I would welcome an opportunity to discuss this further and find out who checked you in specifically. If you have time please feel free to reach out to me.

Thank you for your review!