New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersSilver level
Hayward, California
“Positive experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This was my first stay at an Aloft Hotel. I stayed one night, arriving late and leaving relatively early in the morning. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Room was tastefully decorated. They provide toiletries by Bliss, have refrig and microwave, coffee and tea in the room. Heat and cooling controlled by thermostat and functioned well and quietly! Though they do not have breakfast included in the price of the stay they do provide a sort of an express continental breakfast bar to purchase along with free coffee and tea.
My 2 concerns were the comforter on the bed in which the fill had clumped in the sides of the comforter, leaving no fill in the middle where you need it for warmth.
And, upon checking out, I was told that I didn't owe anything. Later that day when I checked my credit card, I had a pending charge of $50 for the hotel.
An evaluation card had been left in the room encouraging contact with David Porter, the general manager. I contacted him by email. He immediately contacted me regarding these two issues. The comforter issue is apparently known and being addressed by the hotel chain already. He also said that I should have had the $50 hold for incidentals on my credit card explained at the time of registration and promised to do additional at their daily morning meeting with staff.
I would certainly stay there again. And when I have a good comforter they will get 5 stars! David Porter's responsiveness certainly added to my satisfaction.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel overnight so that I could catch an early morning flight from PDX. The property is super modern. I loved the decor. The room had a box on the desk for hooking my laptop up to the TV. The wireless worked very well and the bed and pillows were comfortable. I'd definitely stay here again.

This hotel is super close to the airport, which is awesome for catching a flight. I was on the top floor so there was some plane noise, but it was pretty minor and I didn't have any trouble sleeping.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
T K, Manager at Aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Hi TechPoet,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your business!

We’re glad to be so close to Portland International Airport. Our complimentary airport shuttle is fast, convenient and operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our Park and Fly room package is also popular, which includes overnight accommodations + extended parking. Either way, getting to the airport from the hotel is a breeze.

Thanks again, we look forward to seeing you!
Crestone, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Many airport hotels have noise blocking glass that works much better than this property. We faced a runway and every time a jet took off it was very loud. The jet noise would be a problem alone but combined with internal hotel noise, including the music from the bar it made sleeping difficult and making an early start very hard.

Room Tip: Avoid the runway side and anywhere near the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Hi Crestonepeak,

We do get a lot of commercial and military aircraft traffic in and out of Portland International Airport. It's too true… every so often we get a low flying aircraft that just rattles the entire neighborhood!

Our goal is to do the right thing and go the extra step to ensure positive experiences that are memorable. We're disappointed that you experienced difficulty sleeping. If you're ever staying in the Portland airport area again, please reconnect with us directly.

Thank you for sharing your experience here.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Great service. Pool was a little chilly no hot tub. Beds a little hard but overall I would rate this hotel excellent except for the beds and the pool. Very new and portlandia ish. Hip and cool! Target and red robin close by. Also buffalo wings and ikea too.

• Stayed November 2012
Corvallis, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Hotel is OK. Modern decor. 24 hour gym. There is a pool but not sure of the hours. The beds are terrible. We have stayed at other Starwood properties with much better quality beds. This hotel advertised signature beds but I guess they define the meaning of signature. The bathroom has no tub, just a walk-in shower. We have stayed next door at the Hyatt Place which is similarly priced. You get free breakfast and I would recommend trying it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I was driving with my dog for a meeting in Forest Grove the next day so I could have stayed anywhere but I am very happy that I picked the dog friendly, Aloft Hotel. It is part of the Starwood chain and it's the second Aloft I've stayed at and I have to say that they have got something going with this new hotel. The people who worked there were just great. Twice I asked for a cart and instead of just pointing to the carts which would have been OK because they were apparently within view, the Aloft people just jumped and brought me a cart. A very nice lady from the kitchen brought my dog a bag of dog biscuits. There are lots of places to eat within walking distance, free parking, and a light rail station 200 yards away. The rooms are sound tight so there was no problem sleeping. My dog and I will both be happy to stay there again or at any Aloft hotel. I have nothing bad to say about this hotel.

Room Tip: There was jazz in the lobby when we arrived and I was worried that the rooms might be noisy. Don...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
omaha
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This has to be the worst hotel we have ever stayed at. The architecture is modern and hip which is why it was probably recommended to us but our stay felt more like a hostel. The rooms were so small there was hardly room to move as the bed took up most of the floor space. The bathroom was right off the front entry with no privacy except for the toilet/shower. The lights were glaring fluorescents so no atmosphere at all. The room was noisy. Doors slammed shut and the hallway door to the lobby was opening and closing all night. They NEVER cleaned our room...never refreshed our sheets or brought clean towels. We had to request towels every day. The young men at the front desk were nice enough but they were inexperienced and we had problems checking out. The only redeeming value to this was the shopping center across the road.

Room Tip: Stay away.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
Michelle W, Manager at Aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. The aloft is known for its sassy attitude; savvy approach; and hip, urban space. However, as the Director of Operations, I extend my sincere apologies that we did not meet your expectations. Our Refresh team services every stay-over room unless there is a Do Not Disturb sign on the door or the guest has opted for the Make a Green Choice program. I would love the opportunity to speak with you further about your experience. Our goal is 100% guest satisfaction and it is clear we fell short of this. Please contact me directly through the hotel at your earliest convenience. Michelle